Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Is there anything under $200 with a mesh seat? I would assume that any chair with a mesh seat would have a mesh back as well, but the seat is my priority.

If I have to spend more than $200 I might as well just buy a used Aeron I guess. But being unemployed right now I can't budget that much at the moment.

e: I'm not looking for this to last me ten years. I'll own an Aeron in a few years, but if I can get a one-year chair with mesh seat that would be ideal.

some kinda jackal fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Aug 21, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I got a costco generic task chair for my birthday from my parents who didn't know any better but meant well anyway. Not a bad chair, all said and done. It's no Aeron but it's better than the $40 IKEA piece of poo poo I was sitting on before and doesn't feel like my rear end is riding plywood.

My question: I am using this on a hardwood floor. It came with casters for a carpeted floor which I assume I should replace with some hard-floor casters. Are caster fittings pretty much universal or do I need to find casters specifically for this model of chair (lol good luck)?

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I have terrible posture. Like I caught myself almost lying down in my big comfortable chair typing this.

Does anyone here use a stool to force themselves to sit up straight? Just wondering how this works on a long-term basis. I'm thinking about implementing this both at home and at the office so I guess basically a "giving up chairs for stools" sort of thing.

I'm just using a cheap costco $100-something chair which has zero lumbar or lower back support and basically almost forces me to lean back unless I want to not use the backrest.