Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ethereal
Mar 8, 2003

Wombot posted:

I guess I should pass this info on to yous guys: I got it from Design Within Reach in Kirkland, WA. They're having a sale (Officially starting February 12th) on their floor models: Everything is 30% or more off. The Embody I got is actually what Jim, the manager, sat in every day. They also have a Mirra, at least one Aeron, and a Humanscale Freedom, amongst lots of other non-task chairs (Like an Eames Lounge ohgod).

Anyone in the Seattle area should look them up and give Jim a call if you've been looking for a new chair.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you get an embody for? I'm looking to get a new chair for work, and want to pick up something nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ethereal
Mar 8, 2003
Any recommendations for larger casters for a steel case leap? The seat is like 1-2” too short for where it’d be perfect for me.

Ethereal
Mar 8, 2003

How well do these work on carpet?

~Coxy posted:

Rollerblade wheels for laminate or tiles.

If you have carpet, then you need moon rover wheels.
https://www.amazon.com.au/Miracle-Caster-Wheels-carpet-Replaces/dp/B001H96YRG

They were about 50 bucks when I bought them. Sadly it looks like only third party sellers have them right now.

I have some FUD around the big ones snapping the mount point. It seems to happen occassionally due to where the pressure changes.

Hackan Slash posted:

The easiest thing to do is buy one of those replacement big & tall gas cylinders.

I might end up doing this, though it seems like a little bit more of a pain to hammer out the existing working cylinder.