Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ILikeVoltron
May 17, 2003

I <3 spyderbyte!

Zarin posted:

We just got Gestures at work, and I feel like the seat pan is angled slightly away from the backrest; after awhile, it feels like the chair is trying to dump me out of it, and my knees are tired of preventing sliding.

Which is stupid, because the video for the thing definitely shows the seat pan tilting back towards the back when it leans back, but that is NOT how it feels to sit in it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UffocPgvqhA&t=221s

Maybe there will be a way for me to figure out how to not hate the thing yet, but my impression after the first week of use is not positive.

I used a gesture for a while and went back to a cheap weird purple chair our office had prior to the gestures. I really dislike that chair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ILikeVoltron
May 17, 2003

I <3 spyderbyte!

Hed posted:

Mesh is great for ventilation as well as the material on the Embody which is soft yet breathable

Mesh on the embody is pretty good. I didn't like how far I would sink into the aeron's mesh though.

ILikeVoltron
May 17, 2003

I <3 spyderbyte!
6'1, seat depth is adjustable. I had to pull mine out most all of the way to make the chair comfortable. After that, I argue its the best chair I've ever sat in

ILikeVoltron
May 17, 2003

I <3 spyderbyte!

Ffycchi posted:

$2,299.99

:captainpop:

This is cartoonishly bad. gently caress if I ever become CEO of a company this has to be the chair I use. OMG WAIT there's more of them!

ILikeVoltron
May 17, 2003

I <3 spyderbyte!

Incessant Excess posted:

Is a Steelcase Gesture as a good a purchase in the EU as it is in the US? I notice it comes with "only" 5 years of warranty here, while there are other brands in that price range that offer 10 years.

I'd say steelcase is a pretty good brand, but you should figure out if it's worth the cost for you. My preference is HM Embody with it's whatever warranty.

ILikeVoltron
May 17, 2003

I <3 spyderbyte!

Inspector_666 posted:

It does not, unless there's some weird way to enable it that doesn't involve the lever that actually enables the reclining.

yeah, it does however have a lever that lets you lean back and that lever has 3 settings, but nothing locks the chair back (in a reclined state)

ILikeVoltron
May 17, 2003

I <3 spyderbyte!

Dog Faced JoJo posted:

Thanks for quoting this, I was looking for it. I bought the listed Staples Hyken Task Chair chair 10 months ago and am back in this thread looking for a new chair again. So far I've replace both arms, the seat, and the back (but not the casters yet!). Staples hasn't given me any grief about sending out replacement parts, but I shouldn't have to replace essentially every part of the chair in less than a year. I'm looking again because the arm rest foam is splitting on both arms for the second time.

Just going to throw it out there, I've had a HM Embody for ~8 years now and it's still going strong.

ILikeVoltron
May 17, 2003

I <3 spyderbyte!

couldcareless posted:

Just sat in my brand new Embody for the first time and I think I'll just never get up now

Embody gang!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ILikeVoltron
May 17, 2003

I <3 spyderbyte!

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

Anyone had a problem with the Aeron where the front edge of the seat hurts your thighs? Elevating my feet with a footrest seems to help but I'm pretty sure that renders the position unergonomic. There must be an adjustment to fix this but I'm not sure what

Years back I posted in this very thread about how I got some nerve damage from an Aeron, basically the same thing you're saying here. I now own a embody and have no issues

ILikeVoltron fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Jul 23, 2023