Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chow-King
May 24, 2003

"I could kiss you on the nuts."
I'd be interested as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chow-King
May 24, 2003

ILikeVoltron posted:

Watch out, these guys sent me a Criterion that is missing the clip to hold the cylinder into the base. This means I have a ~200 lamp post sitting in my office.

http://imgur.com/a/O7Wov

Sent them an email and am waiting on a response. I have no idea what they are going to do.

For the guys who've ordered from here, how was the quality of the chair when your received it? I know they are used but are they trashed, lightly used, looks like new, etc?

Chow-King
May 24, 2003

ILikeVoltron posted:

Well, did you click on the image I linked? The box came trashed as all hell and was missing the lock ring/clip that keeps the gas chamber attached to the base. Besides that though, the chair is in immaculate condition. I have a feeling they replaced the upholstery before shipping it. I will note this one other thing, the chair I got has really sticky arm rests. I attacked it with some green clean for about 30 minutes and couldn't get it much less sticky. I currently have some dish towels wrapped around the arm rests until I get another chance to clean it. Overall I'm mildly disappointed with the whole thing but I can't ignore I have essentially a $700 chair for <$200. *Shrug*

Imgur was overloaded at the time so I couldn't take a look. From the way they shipped it, looks like I'm gonna try to find a different place to buy from.

Chow-King
May 24, 2003

Anyone know when I can actually buy a Mirra 2 in stores?

Chow-King
May 24, 2003

So Steelcase is having their semi-annual 15% off sale right now.

http://store.steelcase.com

Rotten Red, if you could choose between the Gesture or the Leap and money wasn't an object, which would win out?

Chow-King
May 24, 2003

I'm looking to pick up a quick-ship Steelcase Gesture but it comes with carpet casters. My house has hard wood floors and I need hard floor casters. I have some on my current chair that I could replace it with but I'm not to sure if it'll fit. Anyone with a Gesture care to measure dimensions of their casters?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chow-King
May 24, 2003

TheJeffers posted:

I ordered mine as a quick-ship and I have hardwood floors as well. The carpet casters don't seem to harm the floor and it doesn't move any time I don't want it to.

At this point, ship times for the custom chairs are only a couple days behind the quick-ship configs, so it would probably be easiest to just order the chair the way you want it.

Did your Gesture come with adjustable lumbar support? I see it as a $20 option on other sites, like sit4life.com, but I don't see it offered on Steelcase's website. Sit4life.com doesn't charge sales tax so I'm leaning towards purchasing in that direction but I don't want to pay an extra $20 bucks if it's not really an option offered by Steelcase on their Gestures.