Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hbf
Jul 26, 2003
No Dice.
Checked the Seattle website from the first page or two (http://nwresourcer.com) and they have both Steelcase Criterion and the KI Engage. I need a chair and the price is right ($135 each). Any thoughts on the engage? Can't find much about it other than the manufacturer website.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hbf
Jul 26, 2003
No Dice.

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Sadly a lot of those dealers aren't really interested in talking with you if you only are buying one chair. You really aren't worth their time - their profit margins on a single chair are pretty small, so they have to sell 100s of chairs at a time to make a profit. Keep calling around until you find someone who will let you come in and try one out.

That said, I don't really see what sets that chair apart from other $100-range chairs. It's nice that the back height adjusts, but there's no tilt or seat slider, which I consider key adjustments for ergonomic support. If you're looking for a chair in that price range there's really no need to lock on to one particular brand, they're all pretty much going to be the same. So I would suggest hitting up the nearest used furniture warehouse and picking up whatever fits you best there.

So I am confused by this. It seems like the chair does do those things. and they both retail for around 700. The chairs I have seen for around 100 at furniture warehouses don't seem to be close in quality to these and are more like office depot type stuff.

hbf
Jul 26, 2003
No Dice.

Maneki Neko posted:

Yeah, I've called/emailed him a number of times, just never anything back.

edit: he just got back to me. He is out of the country until October 3rd, but will respond to calls then.

hbf fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Sep 28, 2011