Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

citywok
Sep 8, 2003
Born To Surf
I picked up an aeron for a friend and have found that i'm still slouching in it (he isn't picking it up for a couple weeks). Has anybody ever considered wearing a seatbelt to keep them from slouching? On airplanes i cinch up the seatbelt tight so i can't slouch and it seems to help a ton. I find i slouch in pretty much any chair I sit in and it causes my lower back to get sore. Just "stay sitting up" isn't enough, I notice after half an hour I've slouched and have to sit back up.

I know it sounds dorky, but it seems like a viable solution to me...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

citywok
Sep 8, 2003
Born To Surf

Coredump posted:

If your back is hurting then it probably good to listen to your body but just so you know slouching isn't necessarily a bad thing. From earlier I posted this:

Yea, it's definitely not great to sit all the way up, but when your butt is on the edge of your seat after half an hour it's better than the alternative. I find myself adjusting in my chair constantly.

Aeron, task chair, or "comfy big leather chair" all end up with the same slouching result. Gah.