Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

So my Beautyrest Duo-Ex back mesh decided to come off from the back frame of the chair.

Only lasted a year, getting my warranty used on it for a full refund from Staples.

What chairs are y'all using at work and remote? Any decent recommendations? And does Black Friday have any sales on particular good brands, Herman Miller. Steelcase, Mavix etc.

I've been looking at the Vantum, M9, I was interested in the Vertagear Triigger but there's only the insane special edition available. There aren't many used furniture stores in my area.

Jiro fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Oct 23, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Did that during my lunch tried a few out, guy guffawed when I asked if he had any Hermans, or Steelcases, "Son I don't think I'd have my store in this warehouse if I could get those in here." One I sat in was a similar design to the Mavix M9 in the separate pad for lower back support so that was a nice little frame of reference.

Edit: has anyone dealt with Officelogixshop? Refurbed Embodys and they machined a headrest for the Embody that almost perfectly blends in with it??

Jiro fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Oct 23, 2023

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

TenementFunster posted:

stop right there

Wha? This?

https://youtu.be/AGgmJ7MiZKo?si=Jfi0Ua_t4A6mC9G_

https://www.officelogixshop.com/collections/chairs/products/herman-miller-embody-chair

Jiro fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Oct 24, 2023

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

If I'm usually sitting up straight with no tilt I really don't need that neck support, it's when I recline back that I start to miss it.

But I appreciate being more specific on why it's not necessarily a decent deal. How often does their website do a sale or promotion?

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Closest dealer is apparently like five hours away, but I also think they're some kind of corporate design firm thing, not some office furniture store.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Anyone here had any experiences with the Mavix M9 or the Hinomi H1 Pro Ergonomic?

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Yeah I'm 6'0, headrests and good neck support cradling are nice things.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Nostalgamus posted:

I'm a few days into owning an Embody.

Any advice for adjusting the back? I'm having a hard time finding a setting that feels comfortable.

I was under the impression that you're supposed to have the back in an upright position and all the knobs be set on their default setting and you sit, from there adjust the back and the other knob to what feels most comfortable to you.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Has anyone had any experience with the Haworth Fern? Build quality, with and or without the lumbar add-on etc etc...

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Nice! I never really cared for seats tipping forward so that's okay. What sort of material did you use on yours? That digital knit does look comfortable.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

:siren: Haworth is having a 20% off sale on their chairs :siren:

https://store.haworth.com/collections/performance-seating

Jiro fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Nov 2, 2023

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Jiro posted:

:siren: Haworth is having a 20% off sale on their chairs :siren:

https://store.haworth.com/collections/performance-seating

:siren: Herman Miller went on sale as well 25% off Embodys :siren:

https://store.hermanmiller.com/gaming-sale?lang=en_US

I ended up pulling the trigger and buying a Fern yesterday in black with the lumbar support and digital knit. I'm very curious to see how it will feel for 8+ hours.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Got notified that I'm getting my Fern on Monday :dance:

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Nohearum posted:

Anybody know how to get free shipping with this sale?

Which sale? Fern had free shipping, Embody no idea.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

brand engager posted:

They charge shipping too? What's the difference between the regular embody and the logitech version that makes it cheaper?

https://youtu.be/lKxTZM33HXE?si=fN3viQxkCh2-O1ep

That vid will explain it better than I can as far as feature differences. But I still have no idea why the regular embody is more expensive than the "gaming" one.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

There are a few chairs that seem made for short people aren't there? Whenever I looked for something possibly catering to a taller than 5'10 person they always tie it into being a wider chair too.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

repiv posted:

i'm 6'3 and the ferns back is suitably high, if you're still considering that

e: oh i missed that you ordered one

Hell yeah I did :hfive: Supposed to get it on Monday.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

My Fern came in today. :dance:

This thing feels solid love the maneuverability of the armrests, seat is firm but has a little give, the digital knit is cushy but not in a way that would just absorb all my body heat, the optional lumbar support feels loving amazing, back rest tilt controls and being able to adjust the seat forward as well as recline resistance are all just *chef kiss*. I kinda wish my arm rests were a little longer, my old chair's were just like elegantly elongated where my hands wouldn't hang off.

Going to really enjoy plopping my rear end into this.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

TenementFunster posted:

drat, it’s like somebody made an ugly embody for poor people. good luck, goon

Turn on your monitor.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

repiv posted:

i have the version without the lumbar upgrade - the frame itself has a lumbar curve built-in, but the upgrade makes it more aggressive and adds vertical adjustment

it works for me but how much lumbar you want is a personal preference thing, IIRC one of the BTOD guys actually preferred the version without the extra lumbar having tested both

i'm tall so i skipped right over the zody, the backrest isn't high enough

I got the one with lumbar support, and was curious as to how it felt on the lowest position vs how high it could go and just have the chairs curve do the work. The difference is notable and for me having it rest just above the lowest setting is perfect for me since I prefer a more firm push. Without it and with the digital knit it would still be pretty darn decent.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Pretty sure that your chair is haunted.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Virginia makes sense due to the massive amount of government office buildings you guys have.

The closest Office Liquidator place was like four hours away from me. Everything else on CL and other poo poo was like huge wooden desks if I wanted to pretend I was an old Oil Magnate or something.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Nohearum posted:

Got the gaming embody today to potentially replace my leap V2 which I've started to hate after 3 years. Seems pretty comfortable so far but we shall see how I fare during the workweek.

Whats the consensus on headrests for the embody? I don't think one is needed for normal sitting but it seems like it could be comfy when reclined. The atlas one seems interesting since it appears you can push it back and out of the way when not needed.

To each their own, I'm eyeing the Atlas conversion for my Fern. During my research I came across another Embody headrest manufacturer.

https://www.officelogixshop.com/collections/embody-chair-parts/products/embody-headrest

They also have a youtube channel if it helps.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

https://www.btod.com/blog/best-big-tall-office-chairs/

I went off their reviews in deciding to purchase my Fern. That list could probably be a decent start in your research.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Still with my Fern and still happy. The cloth knit material is fantastic and great for scratching your back in hard to reach spots when sitting.

I'm getting less low back spasms and left leg pain so that's a plus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Maudib Arakkis posted:

Embody prices are a laughingstock. How about the Haworth fern

Love my Fern bought it during Black Friday month, digital mesh padding breathes super well, I also got the lumbar support, back feels loving great and I can sit in it for hours. I do wish the armrests would lock into place, and a built in head rest when I've leaned back in full recline.