Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Was looking for a thread like this a couple of months ago, it's definitely a worthwhile topic for anyone who spends a fair bit of time at a desk.

Our boss has an Aeron but the rest of us get crappy cheap office chairs which I hate. At home I was going to buy myself an Aeron but in the end I settled on the next model down, a Celle:

It's not as shaped as the Aeron and the mesh is different, it's larger and firmer. Everyone looks at it and says that it doesn't look at all comfortable, but then they sit in it and realise that it actually works really well. I got mine for £370 I think, but worth every penny. The build quality is really what you are paying for, this thing will definitely last years. The advantage of having no cloth is that it pretty much cannot wear out, plus it's easy to clean. The only bad thing is if you wear shorts then the seat part is sort of nobbly which is a bit odd on bare skin. If you're prepared to wait ~six weeks then you can get it made up with a cushioned seat, custom coloured mesh and frame, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I bought a Herman Miller Celle for ~£300 four years ago, awesome chair. Was looking for a second but the Celle is now over £500 everywhere. I think they are semi-discontinued but there doesn't seem to be any replacement for it in that price range since the Mirra is also considerably more expensive. I guess HM only want to sell expensive poo poo now :( .