Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mierdaan
Sep 14, 2004

Pillbug
The Mirra was mentioned in Pendragon's chart as accurately being worse than the Aeron, but it's still a Herman Miller chair, it still rules, and it's drastically less than the Aeron.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierdaan
Sep 14, 2004

Pillbug

Juriko posted:

Herman miller AFAIK only honors the warranty for the initial purchase. Used chairs are not covered.

I'm not sure what the actual warranty says, but as someone who has called in a warranty repair on a Mirra all the information they ask for is printed on a sticker on the bottom of the seat.

Mierdaan
Sep 14, 2004

Pillbug

Splizwarf posted:

I'm 6'7" and ~300 lbs with a 32" inseam (big frame, wide shoulders, mild gut). Herman Miller's graph doesn't address me in either axis. My work chair is probably a B on that chart and it's killing me to spend 9 hours a day in it. I started this job a month ago and my joints are in noticeably worse shape already. If I stand up quickly without thinking, the armrests get caught on my pelvis. :smithicide:

Tell me about comfortable chairs made for tall men.

You are huge and should have a huge chair. If you're referring to the Herman Miller size chart you should definitely be in a C. If you're having issues like that after one month in a new job, go to HR and tell them you need a bigger chair, man :(

Mierdaan
Sep 14, 2004

Pillbug

EvilMuppet posted:

What? He's about right, unless you have some sort of pre-existing back condition Aerons and the like are uncomfortable piles of over hyped junk. I wish I could swap my work one for another of the $200 no name specials I have at home.

Clearly we need to set up some sort of goonthrone-exchange program for you spoiled brats who don't like your Aerons, and those of us with legit spine problems who are stuck in used $50 Office Max specials for 9 hours a day.

Mierdaan
Sep 14, 2004

Pillbug

routenull0 posted:

I'm out to pick a new chair this week. Aeron or Mirra. I use to have an Aeron at my ISP job, took it home when we all quit, then the arm broke so I tossed the chair, not knowing it had 12yr warranty...

I really liked it, but it is my understanding the Mirra is the new modeled Aeron and HM has only kept the Aeron around because of the name.

Any truth to this?

The Mirra's a significantly different (and cheaper) chair, I'd definitely sit in one before buying anything. Some people love one, some love the other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierdaan
Sep 14, 2004

Pillbug

Sackmo posted:

Not sure about the chair, but I would not recommend purchasing it from Sit4Less. While I did get my chair in a reasonable amount of time and I was happy with the end product, their customer support is completely abysmal. You'll have no idea where your order is until it lands on your doorstep, and I can't even imagine the nightmare involved with trying to return a product should something go wrong.

To be fair to them, they don't know where the order is because they submit it to the manufacturer and then it's out of their hands. Herman Miller, in my case, shipped direct to my house, and the one time I had to file a warranty claim, it was directly with Herman Miller - Sit4Less wasn't involved at all.