Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Melraidin
Oct 11, 2005
Any comments, experiences, or warnings about this chair: http://www.officedepot.ca/a/products/510830/Realspace-PRO-Quantum-60percent-Recycled-Mesh/

I need to confirm but I believe one person at my office has one. If this is indeed the chair he has than at least from my occasional dalliances with it I'm tempted to get one, especially at that price since getting a Hermain-Miller or Steelcase in Canada used seems practically impossible (at a decent used price).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Melraidin
Oct 11, 2005

Coredump posted:

I've been intrigued by this chair for a while now. Does anyone have one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu8vgHp3Cgs

Very interested in this chair. Please post anything useful you find about it, it seems like this is definitely the cheapest way for me to get a chair with something like the design of an Aeron here in Toronto. With shipping the chair, with mesh seat and headrest, comes to about 700 $.

Melraidin
Oct 11, 2005
Are there any magic incantations I can invoke to get any Herman Miller products cheaper in Canada?

I've looked into decent chairs for years now and keep coming back to the Herman Miller lines, specifically the Aeron, Mirra, Sayl, and Embody. I've seen, once in awhile, an Embody sell used on Kijiji for 600 $ or less but it seems these are always ones where the original owner had horrendous (or awesome) style: green fabric on white legs, that sort of thing.

I'd love to be able to find their lines at a more reasonable price but haven't had much luck. I still need to go into a showroom to try some of the chairs, the only ones I've tried in person were Aeron sizes B and C.

I've had an Ergohuman chair for a bit at a previous job. While I liked having the mesh everywhere (like the Aeron) the chair had a fair bit of looseness, like it would wobble a little in different positions, and the armrests wouldn't adjust quite low enough to fit under the desk I was using.

Melraidin
Oct 11, 2005

rawrr posted:

If you're in the GTA, there's a place that sells new Embody's for $840.

Otherwise, Gabriel Ross will ship, and I think Herman Miller has an annual 15% off sale that I think is coming up soon.

Where's this? I could make the trek if I have to, though I hate driving downtown. Do they have a site that provides options and prices? I'd definitely want the armrests, not sure about other options I'd want as well.

Melraidin
Oct 11, 2005

rawrr posted:

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/herman-miller-embody-841-a-1145523/

$841
+$32 for white frame
+$113 for premium fabric

Nice, I followed a thread over a year ago about a group buy on Red Flag Deals but nothing ever came of it. I've already been in contact last year with Keith at Business Interiors and he had made an offer a little higher than that for an Embody. Think I'll have to head out there and have a seat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Melraidin
Oct 11, 2005
This has probably been posted...

I've rarely seen people pay MSRP for Herman Miller chairs. In my area (Toronto, Canada) a few people I know (myself included) have bought from Business Interiors (http://www.businessinteriors.ca/) and never paid nearly what's claimed as the MSRP. Whether they're applying the Herman Miller discount is for architects/graphic designers or whatever, I don't know. I've bought two Embody chairs separately from them for around 800 $ Canadian. That was without customization but I'm happy with what I got. I'm just saying it's worthwhile emailing places locally to see what they can do for you. In my case the Embody was cheaper than the Aeron and Mirra.