Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EnergizerFellow
Oct 11, 2005

More drunk than a barrel of monkeys

PraxxisParadoX posted:

Does anyone have an opinion on the HON Ignition chair? I generally like to work tilted back, and it seems to have a decent tilt setup.
We've got the high back, fixed arm, fixed recline version of these as conference room chairs and they are quite nice for the price. The fixed arms do seem to dig into the upholstery on the back, however.

I'm thinking of picking up a fully upholstered and chromed HON Ceres to replace my aging Aeron.

EnergizerFellow fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Jun 12, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EnergizerFellow
Oct 11, 2005

vacuity posted:

We use these at work. It is by far the most comfortable chair I have ever sat in. It feels much better to me than either the Aeron or the Mirra, but I am not a huge guy. However, we do have a few gigantic lumberjack men in the office and they very heatedly fight over who gets one when a new wave of chairs is purchased, so infer from that what you will.

I tried to buy one, but the dealers around me are just not equipped to sell to an individual and they made me jump through 20 hoops before just deciding to stop returning my calls. If you can find a dealer near you who isn't a sleazy old man I can't recommend this chair enough.
For something similar and of high quality, look online for the Knoll Life. We had Knoll Life chairs at my old office and those things where all-day comfortable. The chair you're looking at is probably a clone of the Life.

EnergizerFellow
Oct 11, 2005

k\o\w posted:

I got an aeron a few days ago and it's really making my back hurt and causing my rear end and thighs to fall asleep, maybe the size B is too small for my 6'1" 210lb goon frame.
You probably have the seat bottom set too high, which is pulling down your legs down enough against the forward edge to cause circulation problems. Lower the chair a bit, maybe so if almost feels a bit too low, and see if you still have the same problem.

If the chair you bought is used, it could have a sagging seat bottom mesh, which would give you the symptoms you describe.

Your back problem is probably from having the lumbar adjusted too high on the back and/or too extended. Trying pulling it back and a bit lower.

EnergizerFellow
Oct 11, 2005

Rotten Red Rod posted:

The Leap isn't Steelcase's latest and greatest that they're pushing - that'd be the Gesture
So any word on when the Steelcase Gesture will actually be available? I thought they would be shipping earlier this year and it still seems to be completely MIA.

EnergizerFellow
Oct 11, 2005

Anybody have any experience with either the Generation or ReGeneration from Knoll?