Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

amitlu
Nov 13, 2005

I had a Leap but was disappointed in how hard the seat was and had to return it. Got an Aeron and have been really happy since. I also added a headrest to it that I bought off Ebay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amitlu
Nov 13, 2005

SpaceBanditos posted:

I'm about to go look at a local Steelcase Leap, the guy is asking ~250 for it, I believe it is the V1. Googling has lead me to believe that it's a great chair but is there anything I should look out for? Aside from the obvious stuff, like the seat was Jabba's personal lounge for the past 5 years.

Personally I found the seat on the Leap to be way too hard which made it uncomfortable for long sit periods so make sure you really check if it works for you before buying.

amitlu
Nov 13, 2005

Agreeing with the Leap complaints. That seat was so hard.

amitlu
Nov 13, 2005

Parker Lewis posted:

I rolled the dice based on Madison Seating's good eBay feedback, and it paid off.

For $460 shipped I got a loaded Mirra that looks brand new, and it arrived in less than a week. It even has the FlexFront adjustable seat depth option despite not being advertised as such.

My impression was that they sell their better-condition chairs as "new" on eBay and the worse ones are cheaper directly from their website, but maybe that's not the case. Either way, I'm really pleased with my purchase.

Going to chime in with another positive experience with Madison Seating too. I got a chair off ebay from them and had to return it because it wasn't comfortable and get another one. The entire process was smooth and they were totally cool about it.