Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Juriko
Jan 28, 2006

Melraidin posted:

Any comments, experiences, or warnings about this chair: http://www.officedepot.ca/a/products/510830/Realspace-PRO-Quantum-60percent-Recycled-Mesh/

I need to confirm but I believe one person at my office has one. If this is indeed the chair he has than at least from my occasional dalliances with it I'm tempted to get one, especially at that price since getting a Hermain-Miller or Steelcase in Canada used seems practically impossible (at a decent used price).

I have sat in one before and found it very comfortable, but the reviews on it all complained about the same few parts breaking. They either have an update or wiped the reviews it seems, but everywhere that sold it seemed to have the same complaints.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juriko
Jan 28, 2006
I have heard OK things about the Sayl from a few design sites, but I think you are better off getting one on one time with any big chair purchase. While you won't know right away if it is the chair for you, at least you will know right away if the chair is horrible.

Juriko
Jan 28, 2006

Lord Fizzlebottom posted:

From what I've seen, it completely depends on what he's got in stock at the time. I think he has an endless supply of Criterions. Right now, his site shows a bunch of KI Engage and Ergogenesis Mid Back chairs. Haven't seen anyone who regularly carries Leaps around here just yet.

Anyway you could drop a link if he has a site? I like my HM Reaction well enough, but if I could score a leap with some luck that could be amazing.

Juriko
Jan 28, 2006
The problem really is build quality. All the ikea chairs I have used, regardless of comfort, just feel shoddy. My office chair gets ABUSED.

Juriko
Jan 28, 2006

Ample posted:

I never thought to look at it from that perspective. With a 12 year warranty the investment seems worth it. We have a few Aeron chairs at work that I really like though I've never sat in a leap before. Do you like one more than the other?

The other thing is their low end office chairs have the same warranty . You can get a basic task chair like you would at office max from Herman Miller for 300-400 bucks, but with much better build quality and the same warranty as their high end stuff.

Juriko
Jan 28, 2006

Niwrad posted:

Is the warranty not available on those? I was under the impression that it works even if it transfers ownership. The chair is just covered for 12 years. If you find a good deal on one, you may want to contact Herman Miller and ask them if the chair is covered by warranty and for how long before buying. Maybe even see if you can get the receipt from the original

Herman miller AFAIK only honors the warranty for the initial purchase. Used chairs are not covered.

However Steelcase and a number of other high end manufacturers honor theirs outside of the initial purchaser.

Juriko
Jan 28, 2006

Mierdaan posted:

I'm not sure what the actual warranty says, but as someone who has called in a warranty repair on a Mirra all the information they ask for is printed on a sticker on the bottom of the seat.

I was just going off of what their site/card said. I actually haven't had to get any of my HM stuff serviced, which is in and of itself a reason I still buy more expensive chairs.

Juriko
Jan 28, 2006
Upright seating isn't actually the end all of ergonomics. A proper reclining posture is considered good for you, and an angled footrest or even a footstool can help with that depending on seat height and tilt type.

Also if your desk is tall or you are short a footrest can allow you to actually properly position your chair while keeping your feet on the ground even if you are sitting upright.

Juriko
Jan 28, 2006

Maneki Neko posted:

People do whine about their legs falling asleep, although I've never met anyone who actually has mentioned that as a problem.

This tends to have less to do with the chair design and more to do with the chair being a poor fit or adjusted wrong.

Juriko
Jan 28, 2006

Lavender Philtrum posted:

Got it a day or two after New Years 2011.

Unless you are just really over the weight limit, we are talking crushing it, I would use that awesome warranty to get a replacement piston.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juriko
Jan 28, 2006

Splizwarf posted:

Anyone? :ohdear:

I have a reaction, but for the life of me have no idea about the weight. I can't seem to find any indicator. I can try and measure the seat to floor height when I get home though.