Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

Northwind Highlanders since I can't imagine their contract expiring being to much of anyone's benefit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

A while back, when you guys were trying to figure out what the unknown Light was, a few people were saying that things wouldn't be too bad as long as it didn't turn out to be a Puma.

I ended up trying out one in MW4:Mercs now and man -- I see why people were so terrified of it. Normally I'd rush to Mediums or Heavy as fast as I could, but I've knocked out two planets with this thing. It's so fast and carries such heavy weapons in the default that I've been wrecking mediums and heavies without much problem.

If Griffin is in it I'll have to give that a spin. I know jack all about the lore, and following this is getting me to try some different mechs. And things besides Assaults.
--

Is it possible to gain some semblance of cover while beginning to push on towards the Dragon?

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

I learned today why no one ever takes out Defiance Industries: whenever you attack their factories MW4:Mercs freezes up. It's the perfect defense!

So how useful would something like the Scout Company be when it shows up?

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

KnoxZone posted:

I want to see whatever option leads to maximum carnage.

Remember how well Death From Above worked last time? Do that forever, guys!

AJ_Impy posted:

I noticed that as well, right when the helicopter is supposed to show up, after you kill the Fafnirs and turrets. Was there ever a solution for that?

I couldn't find anything on the MekTek forums and a reinstall didn't help so I ended up just doing other Davion missions. Hesperus II is safe for now.

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

Polaron posted:

*Evil laugh, lightning, etc*

Keep in mind that if you fire a weapon from the left or right arm you're unable to use it to punch.

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

Yeah but if you punch you can hit it twice! And the dice can't ruin your day!

You have no idea how many MegaMek scenarios I've had go comically awry thanks to failed kick rolls.

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

B It'll mean even more if the clans steamroll them!

VVVV Was that Steiner in MW4 Mercs? He and I are pals, I don't want him potentially being under the influence of goondice.

jerry seinfel fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Mar 23, 2011

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

SB to give our mech goonwarriors a fighting chance to fall before the man made thunder that is the Clan PPC and the unholy terror of a REDACTED

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

What the hell packs 6 ER Medium Lasers in one arm? :gonk:

Edit: Woops. That answers that. Thanks! ^^^

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

Arise, Unwearied Second, arise!

But to echo prior sentiments, the players this round have done a really impressive job. Outnumbered, and outgunned, you guys have lasted quite some time, even with relatively little in the way off off-board assistance.

• Locked thread