Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor
Northwind Highlanders just like in my lp of Mechwarrior: Mercs. Also I want to die in a mech so my email is monkeygames@hotmail.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

WarLocke posted:

God damnit. Reinstalling MW4Mercs now...

Also MW4 Mercs is freeware now with extra mechs.

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

Gothsheep posted:

Stupidly overpowered mechs.

Hunchback 2c is the best.

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

Gothsheep posted:

Or that damned Annihilator loaded with LBX-AC/20s that you used to completely destroy everything in that multiplayer match we played....

That was balanced.

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

Gothsheep posted:

I have a soft spot for Falcon. I always captured her Mad Cat Mk.II, rearmed it to standard specs and put her back in it.

However, I don't want to derail the thread to an MW4:Merc talk...Especially when Wargames still has a thread on that game.

That LP got finished, I am on new lps now.

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

Axe-man posted:

abandonware

Its not adandonware its freeware thanks to Smith and Tinker being awesome.

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

B Because I am not a god drat wuss. People should man up and use this for bigger bonuses.

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

C Because of lostech.

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

Zeroisanumber posted:

You could run a Beowulf game where a Hornet and a dozen Urbanmechs take on a Daishi.

My money is on the Urbanmechs and they all kick the Daishi to death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

Zaodai posted:

Warhammer 40k did that back in the day. It ended up leading to things they had to justify that made absolutely zero sense, and weird times where victories would be negated by other victories in the same round. From what I recall reading there was a point where the Imperial Guard were facing down Chaos for control of a planet/system. Chaos assigned most of their victories to the planet, IG assigned most of their victories to the System. So Chaos won the planet and then it was ruled that because IG won the surrounding space they then just bombed it from orbit and took the planet anyway.

Stupidity abounds.

Sounds like the 40k people didn't know how to run story tournaments, with L5R its just a big series of tournaments across the world and which ever faction has the most victories out of those tournaments get some story writen for them.

• Locked thread