Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skillness622
Apr 9, 2009
I initially thought comguards because I wanted to see us get steamrollered by the clans, but in this timeline, unless they can pull off another Tukkayid, I think that everyone may well be seeing them before long, so I vote Kell Hounds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skillness622
Apr 9, 2009

Arglebargle III posted:

Look if you'd had an intelligent argument I wouldn't care but your point is incoherent. Why does it matter who is making the war games? Who has the empire and fights the wars in the Anglosphere? Yeah. It's not Britain and Canada. Oh, well I guess you might have some kind of point if Britain and Canada had been involved in a major war since WWII while no one was looking. Did they? Because if they did you might have some kind of point there.

Off the top of my head, not counting deployments smaller than Brigade, peace support or counterinsurgencies like Malaya, Aden or NI:

Korea 1950-53 - Full warfighting (Division sized) (Brits and Canadians)
Suez 1956 - Full warfighting (Division sized)
The Falklands 1982 - Full Warfighting (Division(-) plus sizable naval contingent)
Op Granby 1990-91 - Full Warfighting (Division sized)
Op Telic 2003 - Full Warfighting (Division sized)

As much as Catalyst try to deny it, people will write what they know. For example, since Blaine Lee Pardoe is a self-admitted American Civil War enthusiast, the Archer Christifori series reads like you could just replace some of the names and have the whole thing take place in 1863. Additionally, some of the incidents have been very allegorical to RL, St Ives-Hong Kong, or FWL-Holy Roman Empire anyone? Battletech is far better for not ripping off historical sources than 40K has ever been though.

In terms of what time period Battletech is based on, I always thought that 3025 was meant to be Medieval times crossed with a hint of Mad Max, then lurching forwards in time to a more Napoleonic time.

Mukaikubo posted:

Shoot it. Just to be sure. And buildings are pretty easy to destroy!

Remember, this is the Death Commandos, so fuckery should be expected at every level. The hostages we know about are probably just DCs in disguise, and the actual hostages are in that building, or the whole thing is wired up with some crazy biological or chemical boobytrap. :tinfoil:

Also remember that in the normal timeline, up until Xin Sheng it is required that all Capellans be hilariously over-the-top moustache-twirling villains, so Im interested to see how PTN writes them now.

Skillness622
Apr 9, 2009
In the name of Blake! A

I feel taking control of the clans would lessen their impact somewhat, and I really want to see how the goons use Star League tech.

Skillness622
Apr 9, 2009
A for much of the same reasons everyone else has voted. Kells/Marik/ROM clusterfuck, anyone?

Skillness622
Apr 9, 2009
One thing, do we know/have guessed at how many scenarios each Company will have to fight?

Skillness622
Apr 9, 2009

PoptartsNinja posted:

... Anyway, there's a reason why the writing I'm doing for BattleCorps of late has focused on the Star League era. I'm really not a fan of the Jihad, even though I think Catalyst is doing the best they can with the cards WizKids dealt them.

Sweet Jesus, you may have single-handedly convinced me to get a BattleCorps subscription.

Also, tangentially related to the whole writing-plot-via-gencon thing, which of the authors allegedly used to just play CBT and write up his games as the action sequences? I'd like to say Coleman but I'm not sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skillness622
Apr 9, 2009
PTN, Is the Anklebiter a straight Kit Fox A or have you jazzed it up Hellbringer-stylee?

• Locked thread