Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
Hooray, a maybe-ROM kill squad is here to... save... us!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Preechr
May 19, 2009

If that pilot ejects, the Power Rangers will probably kill him. They don't look like they're half-assing on the war crimes.

If the unaccounted-for weight turns out to be some kind if lightweight LAM-conversion gear so they can form the Liaozord, it will make my day.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Artificer posted:

Wolves have orbital factories? How many factions knew something was loving wonky with these mercs? Before the Clans showed up?

It was considered odd, then the Kuritans did space-9/11 on their Olympus and I don't think they pulled another orbital facility out of their bag of bullshit until they got Outreach.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Pretty much the only thing on the table that could have shot down that dropship in a reasonable timeframe was the HPG itself, and, well...

Preechr
May 19, 2009

I stopped reading at the end of the FedCom civil war. I don't really regret missing out on all the Jihad/DA stuff.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

C. Blake's will be done.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Devorum posted:

Asus Z97 slipped his cooling vest on as he prepared to enter the cockpit of his brand new Thermaltake Chaser MK-1, an experimental Davion design....

The actinic flare of man-made lightning flayed the metal from the bus. One more hit like that, and I'll lose the processor!

Preechr
May 19, 2009

berryjon posted:

Now, here's a mechanical question - just how much of a radius does the Nuke have? I mean, if it went off under the epicenter of the base, would it still reach out to the edge of the map, or beyond?

This is probably outdated, but the tac nukes they strap on aerospace fighters in Battlespace to kill warships have optional ground rules. Basically, it does 1000 damage to everything on the map sheet it strikes, decreasing by 20 damage per map sheet outwards. All terrain within 25 map sheets of ground zero is now height 0 clear terrain.

I wish I knew where the hell I put that manual; I have the rest of the box set on my shelf.

E: my memory may be faulty, it could be hexes instead of map sheets. A 25-sheet radius is a ludicrous zone of total destruction for a "tactical" nuke.

Preechr fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Nov 9, 2015

Preechr
May 19, 2009

I'm just happy that this mission looks like it will go without any players missing orders.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

PoptartsNinja posted:

A year and a half, give or take? Technology spread has been boosted significantly by the Free Worlds League freely distributing the Helm core to everyone and LosTech being somewhat less common. Also a general assumption on my part that the Inner Sphere has more than three scientists / engineers (in canon only three I can remember are Dr. Banzai, Clovis, and one of Kai Allard-Liao's sisters or aunts (I forget which one (Probably Kuan-Yin?)).

I think it was one of his cousins/aunts on the Allard side? Rita or something?

Preechr
May 19, 2009

GhostStalker posted:

Oh, Wedge was featured in enough of the books in that series that I could forgive the fact that Stackpole's books were mostly about Corran Horn, who grew on me as a character as I continued to read them. Then again, I was young and dumb and devouring anything Star Wars related at the time. Besides, I liked the space battles.

But again, after reading Allston's later books in the series, I realize that they were pretty poor in comparison. And had a lot more Wedge too.

It's funny, after reading the Stackpole books and starting the Allston books, you immediately assume that Kell Tainer is going to be another Corran Horn and the main character. Then you find out that nothing could be further from the truth and it's a story with a great ensemble cast.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

AtomikKrab posted:

K-F reactions have a hard limit of 30 light years or so and can be aimed, remember that planets move in predictable orbits for the most part and thus you can predict where a station will be, and since hpgs only use tiny tiny holes in space rather than starship sized, you don't need to aim for a lagrange point to not get murdered brutally by angry physics for what you hath wrought.

Well, there was that one Star League jump ship crewed by fuckups and equipped with an experimental 50-light year K-F drive. Of course, it misjumped during the Exodus and didn't arrive at its destination until the 3060's...

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Your Atlas so fat, Steiner put it in an assault lance.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Instead of a political update, we need a "Demon Hawks and pilots take the liaison on a bar crawl" update :cheers:

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Hell's Black Aces are an aerospace regiment, with some rare dropships. I think they were a Liao aerospace element that was abandoned during a strike against the... Kuritans? Something, something honorable space duel and then pow, the two aerospace forces combine. They have a neat paint scheme: bone white save for a black spade at the nose, with kill markers being painted as layers of flame around the spade.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

I like to think that Morgan Kell's magical ghost powers are actually the result of him dicking around in his Archer's OS one day and finding the ECM option.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Can you kick after a jump?

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Dolash posted:

Potential nickname for Duncan's Atlas spotted.

Aim high, call it the binary burster.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

1A, 2B Fight a cluster for their dropship (An Overlord-C or equivalent) and sufficient staff/personnel/expertise to operate and maintain it, possibly a binary of decent omnifighters (not sure if we can ask for these if only fighting ground forces). I don't know if personnel are on the table, if they aren't then ask for technical manuals, etc. and personnel can be hired from NRWR. Probably ask for a trinary of mechs, hopefully including a Hellstar.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Can you imagine the Harvest Trials, but for a merc unit? Glorious.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Ask them for prime cuts of their totem animal, battered, rubbed in spices, and deep-fried.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

The Night Gyr converts heat to disco laser light shows, never not be overheating.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

This Natasha Kerensky did not get the benefit of living in the Inner Sphere since 3005, socializing and learning how to be a normal human being. This is Full Clan Crazy Natasha Kerensky, who never had any reason to believe that the subhuman filth of the degenerate usurper states were actual people.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

What's the clan policy on terrible puns? Widowmakers trapped in ice definitely need to be told to "chill out" or "stick around!"

An elemental breaches the cockpit of a swarmed mech, letting in the cold air. "Ice to meet you!"

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Waco Rangers, let's see if they're less crazy in a setting with no Dragoons.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

On top of that, you get to deal with gravity wells. I've got a copy of TR3057 around here somewhere, probably one of my favorites for all the ship boondoggle stories. The Cameron-class was the Star League's F-35.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

evilmiera posted:

Yeah, my phone sometimes decides to make typing and showing what I wrote at the same time be nearly impossible. I blame Comstar, which incidentally my phone corrected to Comcast.

If you don't think the only telecom provider that would be available to us in a post-technological future where an evil cult controls all communications and murders everyone who tries to better humanity would be Comcast, then I don't know what to tell you. Blake be praised, it's Comcastic!

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Too many good choices. Let's go with B. Teach those clanners what a real war is all about.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Duke Ricol was ok, all he wanted to do was dunk on the Grey Death Legion.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Goon MVP: Spider, for making the Horseman headless
OPFOR: Hunchie, for being all that a Hunchback IIC could be.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

C. You keep what you kill. Also, noticed a “desperate” in Hanse’s speech which was probably intended as “disparate”.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Does this mean that the region of space in the Federated Suns bordering Hell's Corridor is going to be re-designated the Hell March? Because :hellyeah:

Preechr
May 19, 2009

I’m just laughing at the idea that 10 years from now, the dracs are all going to be addicted to Immortal Warrior reruns, while the dirt sucking peasants of the fed suns will finally be able to afford a trideo set thanks to the economic boon of free trade with their longtime enemies just in time to become huge weebs watching cheesy samurai holovids.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

I like the NRWR because the great houses expand their influence by jumping in regiments of mechs and telling the locals that they’re about to get pounded flat; the NRWR expands its influence by jumping in an industrial techbase starter kit and telling the locals that they’re about to get their economy upgraded so hard. It’s a novel approach.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Oh, and A. The clans need to experience the wrath of the NRWR’s elite paramilitary forces: the Eagle Scouts!

God I love that movie.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Back Hack posted:

I tell you what, I wouldn't mind seeing a Charger fitted with Hardened Armor, a Super-Charger, and MASC. Have it really to the charger name, by making it the monster a tackle bot. :v:

If you want it to really live up to the Charger name, it would have to consistently choke and fall over 10 meters before it reached the endzone target mech.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Preechr
May 19, 2009

I forgot, was it real Melissa Steiner who married Clovis or was it Jeana Clay?

• Locked thread