Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Really six pages in six hours, not that it matters any more considering the choice I would have made based purely off the opening posts is so far ahead, though I have no experience at all with Battletech before now signing up to participate seems like a good idea

just to make it clear again sign me up

Rumda fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Jan 22, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
I think you also missed my request to be a mechpilot on page 6

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
So which set of rules is PTN going to use anyway?

oh I have SA PMs as well by the way

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
voting for D goonstar

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

ShadowDragon8685 posted:

Sergent takes some linguistics to understand, but basically he's the gentlemen in charge of serrating our enemies. And a kindly gent indeed.

With this post you have just neutralised your webcomic preferences in my estimation.

PoptartsNinja posted:

Ramuda

:argh: come on its not hard

God this mission seems awesome, why do I have a feeling that its gonna be the non-mech units that end up swinging it for the goonlance

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Tarquinn posted:

Chu-i Luther Grist and the Manticore crew reporting in. Orders will follow this evening, as I am little bit hung over right now.

Attn: Fellow Goon Pilots:
What's the general plan? As far as I can see we have two basic options:
a. Retreat bravely advance backwards to hide prepare an ambush in the pile of woods just north of the road, sacrificing the river monitor in the process or
b. carefully move up a little bit, to take on the clanners together with our little monitor buddy.

Like I said before I think we would be stupid to discount the tanks and ship, someone mentioned beaching the ship to increase its durability, a stationary turret with ac/20 is nothing to be sniffed at, maybe it would be best just to hold position this round. Any advice form others would be welcomed not really had much battletech experience before

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
ok sent my orders in

Tarquinn posted:

PTN, can we actually use the Long Tom?

That's pretty much my opinion too.

yeah I agree also

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Clarifications sent, its my first game I'm half expecting to trip and take a tree to the head.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Orders sent lets hope our 'master tactician's' plan holds out.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

PoptartsNinja posted:

Clan Streak SRMs have a range of 4/8/12.

Fortunately, the dice gods have decided the Luthien Maru deserves a chance to actually shoot at something.

oh thank god for that

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Affi posted:

So did the mines do any damage??

Uh.. yeah good luck with that when the clan ace with jumpjets starts chasing you.

Unless we take out Joshy boy

V we won't with any luck next turn we'll be ready to do some damage with it

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Mary Annette posted:

Cookieman, this is one of those times you want to be totally certain about LOS before you move. If I were you, I'd ask PTN if mechs at 0608 and, let's say, 1416 could see a boat at 0415 and/or 0416. No sense in running for a 'safe spot' that really isn't.

Cookieman dropped out at the beginning. PTN hasn't changed the player on the last few updates.

So PTN is it as safe as every one is assuming?

Rumda fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Sep 28, 2011

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

raverrn posted:

Oh. He's gonna be awful confused about those PMs I sent him.

You know after all my paranoia about being left out of then loop I should have known it would happen someday.
:haw:

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

PoptartsNinja posted:

Waiting on orders from Rumda

I'll send them In a second been away from a stable internet connection for the last few days

e: sent

Rumda fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Oct 1, 2011

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Ok orders sent sorry about the delay had a job interview which would have set me one the perfect path earlier on in the week

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
well it looks like The mech will be destroyed before the entirely energy weapon arsenal cooks the mechwarrior

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

PoptartsNinja posted:

^^^ Then it wouldn't be a Hatamoto-Chi

Still waiting on peoples' orders.

VVV I got yours, I just don't want to call out the two people who haven't sent orders yet.

Mine are sent

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Ok my orders are sent

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

AtomikKrab posted:

Marauder may consider going HIGH RISK, and standing still and alpha striking clan mech C. Being half submerged in water protects its legs and provides additional heat reduction, also Joshua cannot shoot at it where it is.
:D You think?

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Krumbsthumbs posted:

I love it, the Marauder pegged C with a PPC earlier in the fight and then finished the job with another.

Thats the way we Norse samurai do thing around here :norway: :black101: :japan:

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Orders are in lets finish this thing

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Well I don't see how I did anything to deserve getting MVP except form luckily surviving till the end so.
Goon MVP: Hunchback (Tarquinn) both for organising us and leading us to victory and for doing some considerable damage.
Allied Forces MVP long tom it deserves it as well as being litrally the only choice.

OpFor MVP: Ragnarok if it wasn't fielded our entire battle plan would have changed

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

AtomikKrab posted:

Just have the palace made out of be one giant battlemechs.

Fixed it for you.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Is there really any choice when you lay such a large battle on our plates A all the way.

You know I don't think there is a single non-awesome thing in that update. But the entire Archon inauguration scene is by far the best.

Rumda fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Nov 2, 2011

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

jng2058 posted:

Alas, PTN does not allow for vote changing. He'd have to try and keep track of everyone's vote and then the changes, and that's too much hassle.

Get it right the first time!

Alternatively, WAIT a day or two to get all the opinions THEN vote.

...or just be happy voting for the more Awesome choice straight off.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

paragon1 posted:

I believe Tarquinn may have formulated our entire winning strategy while completely smashed.

I credit my survival to several drunk turns.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Remember playing defensively is not always the best option, sometimes charging forward aggressively can win the day, like it did with us in the mission before last, especially since it is a head-hunting mission where none of you are likely to survive.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
whoa
lets go for something lighter E Solaris time

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Son Ryo posted:

And there's nothing less petty than talking about someone behind their back, right guys?

Seriously, SD shouldn't be proud of his actions but this sort of stuff isn't entertaining or called for. It just makes you look like a jackass.

Its not like were talking behind his back SD is most likely still reading the thread throwing little hissy fits every time someone says something his dislikes i.e every single post.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Is it just me or is the marauder the same loadout as the one that I piloted during the Rasalhague mission?

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Rick_Hunter posted:

Statistically, yes, it is. However, since I cannot find a canon 3K variant, I assume it's PTN's way of saying it was manufactured within DC space.

Well then I have a new personal favourite from duel fronts, one of wanting the mech itself to do as well as it did for me, and secondly from a story perspective of wanting the inner sphere to do the seemingly impossible task of splintering and maybe merging forming a completely new political battlefield than canon, but at the same time surviving the clan invasion, to an extent at least.

John Charity Spring posted:

The best example of this, for my money, is Alfred Bester's book The Stars My Destination. Corporations have transformed into a new aristocracy, with clans based around Ford and so on being the pillars of an incredibly puritanical and conservative society.

Highly recommend that book for anyone who hasn't read it, incidentally.

I need to get round to rereading it at some point.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Remember you don't need to be the strongest, the fastest, or the most skilled, when it comes down to it you just need to be a lucky son of a bitch.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

The Merry Marauder posted:

Anyone who made an outlandish prop bet would become extremely wealthy.

Or murdered by thugs hired by the bookies either way.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Chronojam posted:

Didn't our Long Tom manage to headshot a Nova with a machine gun during the retreat match? It didn't seal the deal in the end, but a contribution still.

it was more it firing its main cannon at it form point blank range that helped it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Just make sure you let the copperhead hang himself with his own rope or you'll never be rid of him.

• Locked thread