Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Well crap, I never got to get into Battletech when I was younger, so this will be awesome.

Please add me to the list for pilots

and throwing in a vote for a Griffin.

PPC Snype.

Dr. Despair fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Jan 23, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Bad Moon posted:

Just you fuckers wait, one day you guys will be squaring off in a company level pitched battle over a fixed objective and then on Turn 6 it's all INNER SPHERE DOGS! I AM STAR CAPTAIN SERGEI KERENSKY AND THIS IS MY BATCHALL!" and PTN will :smug: while you guys piss yourselves. Remember, this is the mind that created Korvat and the Tribble Collective. EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE.

The chance to die unexpectedly and in an absurd, seemingly unfair reason is the real reason I volunteered. Gotta keep things interesting :black101:

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

PTN, I think it got missed because I had to edit it in but I Don't Have PM's so my email address is something something something something

Dr. Despair fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Jan 25, 2011

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

PoptartsNinja posted:

You hope.

Hey, I still don't see the * next to my name in the list, so just want to make it clear that I don't have pm's.

Just don't want you to hit my name in the list before realizing it.

edit: Nevermind my name was just on the list twice.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Voting B because i'm a crazy crazy man.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Edit: Whoops.

Go Death Commandos!

Dr. Despair fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Feb 7, 2011

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Tempest_56 posted:

The idea is still idiotic. You fire your laser to generate heat, then your mech's laser heatsinks turn that heat into more lasers which make you cooler. It's goddamn stupid.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laser_cooling Laser cooling is awesome, albeit unpractical for what they're using it for.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Popy posted:

So I got the blood of kerensky omnibus on my kindle because I wanted some more backstory. I don't know poo poo about battletech. I've only played mechwarrior2, and mechwarrior4 merc.

Haha, I did the exact same thing with my kindle, right down to finishing book one today. Kinda bummed by the number of typos in the kindle edition though, but oh well.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

PoptartsNinja posted:

The busiest Wal*Mart in the country. I push carts. :downs:

The one on Lacrosse Street? (I dunno if that's still the busiest one, but if so... dang.)

Either way go Death Commandos :toot:

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Ahh yes I have some family who works there, so all I hear all sorts of horror stories. :smithicide: Better than nothing, but hopefully your novel gets you somewhere better especially before the rally .

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Gotta vote for C.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

AtomikKrab posted:

assassin you may want to jump your full 7, with the conditions that is a total of +7 on any rolls to hit you with an energy weapon +6 with non, then hopefully you get medium range at least against the grasshopper (and can trick the von luckner out of the way) which is a further +2, and it will likely need to move so another +1 at least... minimum of an 11 to hit you maybe more. DO IT.

But how will he die that way?

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

CHOICE E cause why not.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Hellllll yeah. One thing I noticed though, is that you have me on the master list twice, once as for email and one thinking I have pm's, so hopefully you have my email address there.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

DatonKallandor posted:

I jumped into the Megamek IRC channel for that - looks like everyone in there reads this thread anyway and is really helpful.
It's irc.synirc.net channel #megamek

Also, I take a full load of cluster - gently caress not being able to use the gun while I switch. And I vote that the Kintaro calls the targets since he's got the NARC.

I'm setting up irc here too, I'll try and be on it as much as I can. In the meantime, letting the Kintaro call the targets seems like a good idea for all you people with missiles.

As far as movement for this first turn, we hold the high ground right now, as it were, so it doesn't seem like it's worthwhile to move much until we see where the clanners are going, and then once we see what's going down we can just bum rush whoever is off by himself (if we're lucky), and if they don't, we'll we'll see then?

Dr. Despair fucked around with this message at 15:24 on May 26, 2011

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

Recommendation: leave W. T. Fits (Kintaro) as a rearguard and bumrush the Phoenix Hawk with everyone else. The Wyvern can move to 1007 and flank while the rest head towards the engine and fire on the Hawk's right front.

This sounds like a good plan to me. My orders are in :c00lbutt:

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

PoptartsNinja posted:

Autocannons are caseless (sometimes) and the Gauss Rifle uses a loving gravity feed system to just drop a shot into the gun. Presumably, with no magnetic field built up, that shot will just roll right out the end of the barrel destroying magnets as it goes. :doh:

It looks like the Shithawk Phoenix Hawk? is getting tenderized this turn.

drat right. :black101:

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Well, it seems like the best course of action will be to panic and swarm the 2 heavy mechs there, shoot them up, kick them up, and then order the drop ship captain to self destruct before we kill ourselves.

But seriously, would swarming the enemy mechs and getting into a brawl while the 'hawk is on the wrong side be a bad idea?

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

AtomikKrab posted:

I HOPE YOU FUCKS ARE GOING WITH MY PLAN.

I was until the CHAMPION GOT IN MY WAY.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

AtomikKrab posted:

NNONE OF YOUR SPOTS WERE IN THE WAY, WHAT IS DIFFICULT ABOUT KRABPLAN?

There's only one crab. (man I wish I was at a good computer so I could finish my crab.gif).

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Live footage of my Crab in action:

alternate version: http://i.imgur.com/JRikj.gif

Dr. Despair fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Jun 3, 2011

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Going to be away from the computer until tomorrow night, so I sent in some orders. Lets do this.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Well this is getting exciting.

e. Looks like you still have my crab's overheat penalty listed in the end turn status even though it's running cool again.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Dolash posted:

It's not so much that people don't know the importance of focused fire, it's probably a matter of simple communications hurdles. Six people who don't know each other getting into contact through a mixture of PMs and emails in a one-day period isn't the best way to establish who's going to take charge and what they're going to do.

Mech communications that work (reliably) in space are lostech. That's my story.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Katreus posted:

Most people have Steam... why not just use that and create a group? Post your plans and if a majority of the group agrees, use that plan. Use a scriblink too so that you can all see how it'll play out. Of course, it seems like some people wouldn't work together regardless so maybe it's moot.

Most people had irc and pm's too, still didn't make things 100% smooth!

And what fun would this be if everything went 100% according to plan, anyways. That would be boring.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

My orders are in. All that's left is dieing.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

SynthOrange posted:

I'm gettin outta here.

SynthOrange for round mvp. Also that captures next turns plan perfectly.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

raverrn posted:

Ba

Hahaha, you wish. That's all Technician and Worker caste poo poo. The real options are a blade, a longer blade, a vibro-blade and a LB-X blade (don't ask).

I'm figuring an LB-X would be something like this: http://www.propertyroom.com/itemdetails.aspx?l=7719036

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

It's not going to feel the same without them.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Wait, I wasn't expecting to die this round. Awesome.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Reversing to 1906 would put me in max range to hit c2 and out of range of c1 and c3, right?

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Then I know what I'm doing this turn.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Well, I could get into a similar position to shoot at C3 instead, but I'll probably run into ?1 or ?3 instead, I'm pretty sure at least one of those is chilling out that way.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Artificer posted:

One would think nobody with a self-preservation instinct would ever be an clanner, what with the atrociously high turnover rate.

This seems more reasonable.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

TildeATH posted:

The Guillotine IIC, everyone.

:aaaaa: This fight is a lost cause if that's what we're facing.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

SynthOrange posted:

What happened to this thread? :psyduck:

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Hmm, where to scuttle to next...

e. I think moving to 306 and then twisting back to 207 would let me fire from cover at C1 without forcing a roll, then I5 moves to 1807 and I3 moves to... somewhere that's in partial cover? Everyone fires at c1 and we just keep hoping for a lucky shot? The 'hawk won't be able to shoot me and the guillotine probably won't want to shot me either. Heck, maybe even have the kintaro pull out of los and see how much the guillotine is following its honor.

Dr. Despair fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Jun 10, 2011

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

It was 5 to hit, that's where the typo was.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Stopping short in 208 would put me in range of both still, wouldn't it? Hrm, seems like I'm either going to have go go up against the hawk, or risk being caught between the guillotine and the grasshopper next turn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

SynthOrange posted:

It was going to happen when I read that line, whether I wanted it to or not. :v:

Hahaha yessssss.

• Locked thread