Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Capskye
Nov 4, 2009

More bullets!
I'd also like to get in on this. Gonna toss my hat into the ring as a mech pilot. I'll have PM's available by the time things are ready to go.

As for a side, I think I'm gonna go with the Kell Hounds as well. I've always enjoyed the mercenary groups in Battletech, and this looks like a fun one to try out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capskye
Nov 4, 2009

More bullets!
I've never been a Liao fan, but I'd love to see that throwdown. Gonna add another vote for F) 17th Recon here.

Capskye
Nov 4, 2009

More bullets!
I'm going to have to vote for Option A

If Max is already interfering because he feels left out, shoving him into a closet politically is only going to make him madder. He'll still have friends out there, and then it'll be Justin who has to watch out for the backstab. Better to just strike first, and strike decisively.

Capskye
Nov 4, 2009

More bullets!
Well, I'll jump on the 2nd Donegal bandwagon for the main vote.

For the sub-vote, I'm gonna have to go with SC. Probably not gonna win, but I am amused by the pair name and combination of mechs.

Capskye
Nov 4, 2009

More bullets!
I'll gamble on the fact that Bobbin's scenario will still be available later, and vote D for now.

Capskye
Nov 4, 2009

More bullets!

PoptartsNinja posted:

I'm not. I'm waiting on the Valkyrie and the Assassin.

Pretty sure I sent you my orders already in my last PM. I can double check and send them again if they didn't go through.

Capskye
Nov 4, 2009

More bullets!
I just know some of that is aimed at me for my infinitely stupid decision. Still, I think I'll pull out some Han Solo for this one:

"Hear me baby? Hold together."

Capskye
Nov 4, 2009

More bullets!
The only things that really piss me off is that I didn't even get a chance to resolve the DFA, and I couldn't finish off the train. Oh well, so much for my run at this... :sigh:

Capskye
Nov 4, 2009

More bullets!

ShadowDragon8685 posted:

If I may, he might have been thinking that the DFA would be resolved before the effects of the incoming fire. That doesn't even seem so strange; after all, 45 tons of falling metal should be 45 tons of falling metal whether it's being piloted at the time it falls or if it's a 45-ton collection of recently-disassociated parts... Because it's still 45 tons of freaking falling metal.

Unfortunately, BTech don't work that way.

Pretty much this is exactly what I thought. That, and you people were all clamoring for a DFA earlier, so I was trying to put on a good show before going out. I assure you, I'm kicking myself more than enough for all of you. Still, I'm inclined to believe that we managed a decent run of things, even if the objectives are not 100% complete.

Capskye
Nov 4, 2009

More bullets!
Being a mech pilot is rather like being a gladiator in ancient times. It's not enough to win, you have to put on a show or else the folks in the stands get all kinds of cranky. I messed up, but in the end I'll accept that the whole thing looked pretty darn spectacular.

As for MVPs, here's my votes:

Players - Javelin You did a good job going up and taking out the club solo, then managed to pull off the damage goal at the end, and still die pretty.

Home Guard - Von Luckner I blame you for everything.

Loki - The Chopper That thing did a good job harassing our team, and drawing folks into a bad situation. It also managed to survive the whole encounter, despite my best efforts.

Capskye
Nov 4, 2009

More bullets!
I'm not really all that familiar with the actual timeline/history, but I agree that Choice A sounds intriguing. I'll toss my vote in for that one.

Capskye
Nov 4, 2009

More bullets!
Political Vote 5 (Clovis Lestrade):
C1) Marry Jenna Clay on Summer.
Clovis seems like a bright kid. I think he can work something out without having to deviate the plan and put his father on alert for shenanigans.

Political Vote 5 (Red Corsair):
R3) Assist the Free Worlders in repelling the fake Red Corsair pirates.
Yesterday's foe is today's friend. Such is the way of things in the Inner Sphere.

Political Vote 5 (Takashi Kurita):
T5) Allow the Yakuza to serve as ‘Mechwarriors, create the Ghost Legions.
I have no argument here other than that it sounds the most awesome, so there.

Capskye
Nov 4, 2009

More bullets!
I'm going to put in a vote for A on this one. This NRWR seems intriguing, and I'd like to see it get a chance to shine, especially with the Goons at the helm.

Capskye
Nov 4, 2009

More bullets!
It's unlikely to win, but I'm very intrigued by the concept of a raid on a major population center. I'm gonna have to vote for E. We are getting to a bit of a saturation point with Clan fights, and pirates allow for some interesting gameplay.

Capskye
Nov 4, 2009

More bullets!
Gonna throw my hat into the Well, gently caress crowd. I'd like to see this plot point simmer and develop more. We have plenty of other places where we can get our mech-blasting on.

Capskye
Nov 4, 2009

More bullets!
Well, things continue to remain gripping. Glad to see that the Goonsquad managed to pull off another victory through some good shooting and a whole lot of luck.

Votes

I'm gonna hafta vote 1 in this case. I'd like to see where this is going, and more activity involving free Skye certainly has my backing.

As for the MVPs, I'm going to vote for the Ostroc for the player team and the Bombadier for the OpFor team. The Ostroc did a drat good job being where he needed to, and getting some well-timed hits at the right moments. The Bombadier gets mad props for being a proper fire-support mech who managed to unload almost all of his shots, got the only kill on the that side, and managed to get out without much damage at all.

Capskye
Nov 4, 2009

More bullets!
Now that was a man truly in tune with his Mech. The MASC system worked the entire way through, and sacrificed itself in the end to see its owner home. Congratulations to the Goonstar for a hard-fought victory. That was a nail-biter all the way through until the end.

Goonstar MVP: Der Waffle Mous

It was a tough call between DWM and our replacement Ilkhan for MVP, but I gotta give it to DWM for accomplishing the mission and not giving up, even in the face of terrible odds.

OpFor MVP: Yorinaga Kurita

Even though he failed in the end, he managed to be a threat for a good portion of the match.

Capskye
Nov 4, 2009

More bullets!
Here's my votes:

1. A

Definitely in for Skye getting more support.

2. RC2

This seems like the best option of the three available.

Capskye
Nov 4, 2009

More bullets!
My picks for the Mech Design contest:

DS3 Lion
DS29 Oni
CC3 Po

Capskye
Nov 4, 2009

More bullets!
Battle Vote:

B-I'm liking this turn of events, just sad that Marik's gotta get run over for it to start.

Mech Votes:
DS3
DS29

Still a big fan of the Lion and Oni pair.

Capskye
Nov 4, 2009

More bullets!
I now feel completely vindicated in voting for the Po. That was awesome work, Goon Commandos.

Capskye
Nov 4, 2009

More bullets!
Gonna hafta vote for C.

When you need to do something dramatic and flashy, always bet on the dashing rogues (even if they're fake).

Capskye
Nov 4, 2009

More bullets!
So many good choices, and I'd kinda hate for any of them to turn sour.

Still, gonna vote for C because I really want to see what comes of this particular wrench in plans.

Capskye
Nov 4, 2009

More bullets!
Looks like I've been given a couple of lights, one of which has TAG and a Probe of our own. Is there anywhere in particular you other warriors would like for me to start poking my nose towards?

Capskye
Nov 4, 2009

More bullets!

Mary Annette posted:

Sentinel

So west lance is setting up an ambush at 647, Spider to 1943, looks like we have a choice to make.

Blob up or split up? East lance (not counting the von Rohrs) has the speed to do either.

Mongoose/Hitman
I think it would be wise to generally stick with the West lance and support them where we can. I was planning on walking my guys over to 1648 and 1749 for the moment to help back up a future ambush.

Capskye
Nov 4, 2009

More bullets!

PoptartsNinja posted:

Did not get orders from Capskye, so we may have to call up an alternate to run the two lights. Fortunately it's turn one and they're fast enough that a single turn won't leave them out of position.

My apologies. I got distracted last night after waiting to the last minute while trying to coordinate with other players, so I didn't get a chance to actually send the orders I was discussing in thread.

Capskye
Nov 4, 2009

More bullets!
Mongoose/Hitman

I'm gonna send the Hitman after the Parash, as suggested. I'll bring the Mongoose down around the building it's hiding behind and provide fire support on the Falcon, should it not die to everything else.

Capskye
Nov 4, 2009

More bullets!
Mongoose/Hitman

I'm gonna send both of my mechs after the Parash. Gonna put the Hitman in 0748 and the Mongoose in 0649.

Capskye
Nov 4, 2009

More bullets!
I couldn't find a good place to put it to contribute, so I tried to move it somewhere where it could respond to whatever happens, trying to avoid being in sight. If I failed at that, I apologize in advance for the mistake.

Capskye
Nov 4, 2009

More bullets!
That would be because I didn't even realize that was a potential threat. :doh:

Capskye
Nov 4, 2009

More bullets!
Mongoose/Hitman

Not sure if there's anywhere I can put my guys that will let the contribute to the upcoming ambush without getting spotted. Would folks prefer if I helped set up for this attack or start trying to scout up on the left side?

Capskye
Nov 4, 2009

More bullets!
Apologies in advance to folks. I got totally eaten up by work yesterday and missed orders. Hopefully the Hitman isn't in a spot to get seen by the oncoming Star Commander.

Capskye
Nov 4, 2009

More bullets!
I can get the Hitman in to help put some fire and a TAG on the Shadow Cat. 1440 would be the optimal space for it to go in.

Capskye
Nov 4, 2009

More bullets!
I think I'm gonna start pushing up the left side as well and try to scout out while avoiding sight from those northern patrols.

Capskye
Nov 4, 2009

More bullets!

W.T. Fits posted:

Adding to that, I just realized that if we did that, we'd be in LoS for whatever's in 1621 when it moves to 1024.

So yeah, waiting a turn or two on that one might be prudent.

I'm also realizing that we aren't going to be able to cross the street ahead of us without being spotted by that patroller going back and forth on it. We'll want extra firepower to back us up before we try that. I think chilling for a turn is a good option right now.

Capskye
Nov 4, 2009

More bullets!
Hitman/Mongoose

If we're going loud, I can kick on the MASC and start running the Hitman towards the objectives. It'll definitely set off everyone else, but I can start getting eyes on objectives in the next few turns. The Mongoose can start moving up and help provide a bit of fire as well.

Capskye
Nov 4, 2009

More bullets!
I'm cool with getting my guys in to fight and spotting with the Hitman, but it's worth noting that where that Clan mech patrolling the 07XX road ends up next turn will have it spot the Mongoose. We're going to need to push up and follow through quickly to keep things under control. That's if we manage to get this Wyvern down this turn. Either way, I'm good to kick the scouts into high gear and start hunting for the Command Center in the next couple turns.

Capskye
Nov 4, 2009

More bullets!

anakha posted:

If you engage MASC and get to 1126, I think 0823 blocks LOS from 0723 to that hex.

I'm hesitant to use MASC in this case, as failure means I don't get shots on the Wyvern. The Hitman crossing that street to get to short range may warrant a spot check anyways, so I'd rather just assume he's gonna spot us and position in a decent spot with both my Mechs.

Capskye
Nov 4, 2009

More bullets!
Hitman/Mongoose

After thinking it over, I'm not gonna risk the MASC failure on the Mongoose. Gonna put it in 0827 and the Hitman in 1223. I'll TAG with the Hitman and light up the Wyvern with all the lasers I can muster. If we prevent the reinforcements we can push forward into the patrolling mech. If not, we'll be running for the targets anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capskye
Nov 4, 2009

More bullets!

Gwaihir posted:

I'd highly suggest 0925 for the Hitman, 1223 is only making your own shots worse while also making it easier for the Wyvern to hit you +putting yourself in range of his machine guns. You don't get a better move mod in 1223.

0925 it is. We'll see how this goes.

• Locked thread