Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agent Interrobang
Mar 27, 2010

sugar & spice & psychoactive mushrooms

Tempest_56 posted:

The pilot takes 1 damage for each turn the mech's excess heat is 15+. CPLT-C1 has 15 HS, 4/6/4 and can generate a max of 22 heat from weapons a turn. So it's two turns of alpha striking and movement before you reach that point - and six turns before it matters. Baking to death is a pretty outside possibility.

This right here. He isn't DOOMED, he just need to play things careful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Interrobang
Mar 27, 2010

Defiance Industries posted:

Well, If you have a full head ejection system and there is ammo stored in the head...

"Oh, thank god, I made it cle-" *ammo cooks off*

Agent Interrobang
Mar 27, 2010

Mary Annette posted:

Alright, maybe "cobbled-together" is a bit harsh. But still,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4w1oqAHa_gA&t=742s

"...it has no legs." :smith:

FOOL! The Zeong is at 100% combat capacity! :black101: Although clearly, the real reason Char lost was his inability to kick Amuro. :pseudo:

Back on topic, my rankings go like so:

1) The Lyran Commonwealth: Say what you like about their tendency to promote incompetent leadership, but the Lyrans are the only nation with the economic or production capacity to fight an extended war. While the rest of the Inner Sphere is still struggling to find mechs to put pilots in, the Lyrans have multiple major, operational mech factories and the economy and resources to churn them out en masse if need be. Add in the able command of leaders like Caesar Steiner and the fact that a war would quickly remove the wheat from the chaff in terms of commanders, and the Lyrans are the elephant in the room everyone is trying not to talk about.

2) The Draconis Combine: Despite being the polar opposite of the Lyrans, with limited production ability and resources, the sheer skill and logistical efficiency of the DCMS makes them a serious threat. So intimidating did Hanse Davion find the notion of DCMS soldiers in Star League mechs that he called off his invasion of Dieron before even confirming how many soldiers they had. THAT is telling beyond mere words.

3) The Free Worlds League: By virtue of simply not being targeted by anyone else, despite their divided loyalties the FWL has the infrastructure to fight major wars. However, the 'divided' bit is why they're only third.

4) The Federated Suns: Not because of incompetence, but overextension of resources is the FedSun ranked fourth. As history would show, they were unable to hold their Capellan gains from the Fourth Succession War, even after being far from the Clan fighting and thus having ample time to recover militarily. Put simply, Hanse gambled a little too often and lost a little too much in terms of materiel.

5) The Capellan Confederation: Space Chinese get no love.

Agent Interrobang
Mar 27, 2010

And if you want Clan stuff(as you should, ristar), Blood of Kerensky is as good as it gets.

Agent Interrobang
Mar 27, 2010

Wow, Poptarts, that is a LOVELY paint job on those Falcon omnis. Did you stencil the clan emblem on top of that Puma, or is it a decal?

Also: apologies for the delay on ponymecha fluff, folks. Reality has been sort of kicking my teeth in lately(mostly horrible health issues with my dog), but rest assured I'm working on it when I have time.

Agent Interrobang
Mar 27, 2010

PoptartsNinja posted:

Fake edit: Oh, and if you make the ponymech an Omni, I'll totally field one if we ever get around to fighting the Hell's Horses.

You, sir, have a deal. :3:

Agent Interrobang
Mar 27, 2010

SynthOrange posted:

All I see is a fat, happy dinosaur:

Clan Fat Happy Dinosaur was welcomed into Clan Jade Falcon after the landmark Trial of Friendship. Million were killed in mech-to-infantry cuddle sessions.

Agent Interrobang
Mar 27, 2010

Scout Company is the best company. :mexico:

How did that even HAPPEN, anyway? Was it one of those freak incidences where they found a chink in the armor and mass-fire just wrecked the drat thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Interrobang
Mar 27, 2010

Arglebargle III posted:

Why are we spoilering a well-known part of the Clan order of battle again? Someone remind me because I honestly can't remember.

Because REDACTED aren't well-known to Battletech noobs, and it will make the impact of their debut all the more terrifying to greenhorn players and hilarious to spectators.

• Locked thread