Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Captain Foo posted:

What I've learned from these votes is simply to do what you would like to see the actors do in a given situation - you're not going to be able to predict the consequences (because PTN is awesome)

Yeah I mean who among us could've said they'd see Frederick Steiner turning on Aldo Lestrade based on our voting decision as to whether or not the Lyran Commonwealth would attack a suddenly independent Skye?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Captain Foo posted:

I don't know BattleTech lore well enough to know if you're agreeing with me or being snarky :shobon:

I wasn't trying to be snarky, and I apologize if it came off that way. To be honest even though I know who Frederick is in the FASA-timeline, I still didn't see him turning on Lestrade coming in the PTN-timeline

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
This is a tough choice. On the one hand, Draconis Suns. On the other, Solaris. on the other-other hand...New Rim Worlds Republic has a mission up again. I'm voting D even though it has no chance of winning because I can't choose between A and E.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Zaodai posted:

Is the Hauptmann one of the mechs that exists in the right time period to show up in MW:O? I hope they don't screw it up with the redesign. :ohdear:

Unfortunately, the Hauptmann is one of the designs that got churned out during the FedCom Civil War and thus it would not be in the right time period if it was in MW:O.

e;f,b x2 :argh:

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Der Waffle Mous posted:

Is it wrong that I really want to know what inflatable LRM ammo is?

Because I watch too much Gundam I'm imagining it's LRMs that when fired balloon out into inflatable decoys of various Battlemechs, perhaps with a sensor transponder on them as well to fake a signal.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Rhobot Mk. II posted:

Shut up and take my money: http://www.gamesradar.com/mechwarrior-online-exclusive-trailer/

New Mechwarrior Online trailer. The atlas looks absolutely gorgeous. Its all done in-engine.

Well I am now incredibly grateful that I built myself a new PC recently.

EDIT: also I know it's stupid but damnit it should be "all systems nominal" :spergin:

Angry_Ed fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Feb 29, 2012

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Tarquinn posted:

Won't send in any designs, but my Capplean Mech would have been called "Hwacha" (Hwach'a). I think you can figure out the rest. :toot:

So it would've been the Yeoman then? :v:

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Congrats on the Battlecorps contract, PTN. :woop:

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Bad Moon posted:

Grats on the contract!

BT endings are easy, either everybody around himVictor out thinks his opponent and wins or Blakists detonate a nuke and kill everyone.

Or Vlad trolls everyone if it's a book about the Clans :v: (except Ghost Bear :sweden:)

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Trast posted:

If someone is without a doubt avoiding contact release an SRM carrier into the arena painted black with white stripes. :flag:

I am fully in support of the House Robots enforcer SRM Carriers concept.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I vote A because I seriously do not know

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Wouldn't be an Amaris if he wasn't going to stab his allies in the back :v:

Voting B

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Oh yeah forgot my mech votes, now that the field has narrowed it's a bit easier to make decisions.

DS15 Shadow Hawk
CC15 Pepperpot

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

PoptartsNinja posted:

Enrico then outright tells Noton he wants to hire Noton to help him steal a JumpShip. Noton bluntly asks for 300,000 plus a personal fee of 50,000 c-bills for himself (PTN’s note: waaaaaaaaay too little money), and Enrico balks because that’s way over budget.

Since I keep forgetting how much stuff costs in C-Bills, did you mean that it's way too little money for something so high-value as stealing a jumpship, or that it's just way too little money in general?

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Defiance Industries posted:

JumpShips in 3025 are literally priceless.

I knew that and figured it was the former but I wasn't absolutely sure.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Defiance Industries posted:

Some fluff says ACs can be single shot or burst fire depending on maker. There's also some that disagrees.

For example: you can probably find 10+ instances of the phrase "stream of depleted-uranium shells" referring to an Autocannon firing in the books. On the other hand I know of various instances in other books where the Autocannon fires only one round, including the AC/20 on a Von Luckner tank

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

DatonKallandor posted:

AC20's are slow firing monster cannons. AC2's are streams of shells FlakVierling style. Basically, Mechwarrior Living Legends gets it right - which is also true for their PPCs (Thunder sound on firing!) and their pulse lasers (shorter over-all firing per cycle makes aiming easier, just like pulses are supposed to).

Again in the novels this is inconsistent. The only example I have off the top of my head is that Yen-Lo Wang has an AC/20 and yet in the novels it's frequently described as firing a burst of shells.

Personally I always liked the burst-fire over firing one shell at a time although I'm sure the latter makes more sense. I just think that in the video games it's a better effect (well that and being able to overload a mech's gyro by pummeling it with an Ultra AC/20 in Mechwarrior 3 was pretty boss)

Angry_Ed fucked around with this message at 16:34 on May 10, 2012

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

jng2058 posted:

Funny, I thought that was the ELH.

Well each house needs its own Worf equivalent (in theory) and it stands to reason the Merc outfits need a Worf equivalent as well. Hence, the ELH, save for Damocles Lance which I guess is Worf at that one point where he's hacking Borg Drones to pieces with a bat'leth

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Trast posted:

Maybe Samsung bought a planet.

Given that it's the Space-80s, it'd be Planet Daewoo instead.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

KnoxZone posted:

Someone needs to fill out the card for a certain character and see if the thread can guess him.

I'm sure someone will get this in an instant, although I probably fudged at least one of the categories.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Like I said, I was sure I fudged a few things. The answer for mine is of course Phelan although I question whether or not he actually has any negative qualities (even his stubborness is played as a positive) and I don't think superior breeding counts just cause he was in-vitro. So I went with the stuff that I definitely knew.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Tempest_56 posted:

Because JumpShips never misjump and are destroyed, lost forever, or end up on planets full of bird-aliens. This is an excellent place to put the heir to the throne.

You're forgetting there are apparently only 3,000 jumpships in the entire Inner Sphere so clearly misjumps aren't that common :v:

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Although I thought the Stalker was always kind of a goofy-looking Mech (though I like the MWO incarnation of it already, particularly the more sturdy look of the legs), I can't deny the fun in that one MW2 Mercs mission where you plow through everything while at the controls of one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

ActionZero posted:

Speaking of it seems that whenever Goonlance fights for the FWL we get our mission saved by a completely freak dice roll taking out a dangerous mech instantly. This warrants further testing to see if it keeps happening.

Who needs the Phantom Mech ability when you can have Phantom Crits? :haw:

• Locked thread