Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

I'd offer to be a pilot, but Mechwarrior's one game I've never actually gotten round to playing. Played a little (very little) Heavy Gear, but that's about it, and I don't want to be too much of a liability: everyone laughs at the noob and all his silly mistakes until he sets the command transport on fire and kills 36 visiting ambassadors.

In any case, I cast my vote for the Davion Heavy Guards. Sure, we won't know what we're facing, but it gives ss the REALLY BIG MECHS WITH COLOSSAL SHOOTY BITS :black101: so in the end it all balances out, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Tempest_56 posted:

Surprise! They're all Chargers!

Big mechs. Colossal shooty bits.

I will not be swayed on this matter :colbert:

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Mahoshonen posted:

Battlemechs playing football? Hmm...sounds like an awsome idea.

There was a tabletop game that was basically American football with giant robots, but I'll be damned if I can remember what it was though.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

PoptartsNinja posted:

Edit: quoted the wrong thing.

It should be pretty newbie friendly, especially if you remind me you've never played before when your turn comes up (I'm more than willing to offer some help to people who've never played the game).

Well, in that case, sign me up for the biggest, stompiest mech you can find :kamina:

Email is alright, yes?

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

WarLocke posted:

So a Goliath then?

(Quad 'mechs yay :downs:)

Yeah, that's pretty big. I suppose.

Mukaikubo posted:

All the people voting for the Northwind Highlanders: How many Scottish jokes can you put up with before you attempt to strangle yourself with your mouse cord, hmm? I invite you to reconsider and vote for the Kell Hounds. :glomp:

(before anyone calls me on it, yes, I know)

Speaking as an Actual Official Scotsman™, I'd be inclined to see how friendly fire works in that instance.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

WarLocke posted:

That thing reminds me of the random bullshit munchkin designs I would make up with my friends when we were 12. Like, I took a Phoenix Hawk chassis once and made up some rule to give it an energy blade or something.

Looking at that thing just makes me think 'anime'. 3 pilots? And how the hell would you move at anything approaching speed with a tripedal leg design?

It's work as an entrenched weapons platform if you replaced the arms with a couple of long-range guns or mortars, but I would not want to be the one taking it into combat.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Pladdicus posted:

Fine. Everything but the pony :colbert:

In the grim darkness of the 31st century, there is a distinct lack of ponies or pony-like material.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Agent Interrobang posted:

Well fine then, I'm naming all my mechs after My Little Ponies. The Clans shall come to fear the wrath of Pinkie Pie! :black101:

NEIGH VICTUS! :black101:

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Agent Interrobang posted:

WHINNY HAVOC, AND LET SLIP THE PONIES OF WAR! :black101:

I forsee teamups in our future.

Many hilariously poor, utterly retarded teamups.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

WarLocke posted:

Is that Ravage from the Transformers?

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Out of that list, I'm going to go with the Shadow Hawk based purely on the fact that the design's cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

And so it begins...

On an unrelated note, my email is static_dragoon at the hotmail dot com. I await the chance to blow up gloriously through my own stupidity.

• Locked thread