Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Xarbala posted:

"In a way, all of us have an El Guapo to face someday. For some, shyness might be their El Guapo. For others, a Federated Suns education might be their El Guapo. For us... El Guapo is an autonomous experimental Star League supermech with a taste for human flesh in its reactor, one that is possibly also haunted, maybe by another Cameron. Or perhaps the same one, but with a haircut." --Thomas Hogarth

"I used to idolize you, but then I learned about movie tricks, camera angles, quick cuts, ghost heat."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax
TRO: PTN

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax
Charge it or push it and knock it down and then the hatch pops and a few steaming Astech bones tumble out.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Leperflesh posted:

Pretty sure it's up to the actual players of the match whether they want to be done. I wouldn't blame anyone who has waited for years for their turn, to want another round or two, even if it risks turning a modest victory into a defeat.

As someone waiting for their second turn, I would blame them.

I blame all of you both individually and combined.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Zaodai posted:

Those of us not on the pilots list are the real heroes. How's that for irony, TildeATH? :smugdog: :china:

NEVAR FORGET

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax
So do only Patreon funders get to know about that Marauder or what?

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax
You naive children, letting the rest of the Inner Sphere know isn't going to unite the Inner Sphere against the clans, it's going to cause the complete destruction of the Lyran Commonwealth as the opportunistic villains that always made up the Inner Sphere spend that time figuring out the best way to get their chunk while the clans eat the Lyrans.

At least, that's what I hope.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Zaodai posted:

Maybe. But those same people will know that the factions not near the Lyrans would be plotting the same against them, and then they'd have to deal with the Clans anyway. It should server as a wake up call, because they see how bad the other houses have been getting their asses kicked by just small parts of a couple of Clans. If Frederick lays it out there that they're all dead, that should get them to at least wait to back stab him until the Clans are beaten back.

Counterpoint: Everyone hates the Steiners and most Inner Sphere Machievels will think that chewing through Steiner will leave those clans weak, so win-win.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

KnoxZone posted:

6 Maybe something nice will happen to the Lyrans for once.

Yuck.

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Dunking on Hanse overrules all, even my FWL Partisanship.

What is happening to all of you.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Zaodai posted:

I hope it was less preachy than MASH itself was.

[canned laughter]

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

the highest-rated sitcom in Inner Sphere history, The Free Worlds League Nightly News.

It's listed as a drama in the decent half of the League. Maybe you should check NoUTropes next time before you post, noob.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

meh

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax
It's obviously Pants Davion. Fonz Davion doesn't sound right at all.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax
Do you think it would look suspicious if everyone said NO except me?

What I mean is, what's the number of people other than me that can say NO that PTN will believe?

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

hooman posted:

But you're already very clearly marked in there as "NO" :confused:

Nice post/avatar combo.

Because I will literally light you on fire if you cost me my slot.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Scintilla posted:

I fully support the collapse of galactic civilization if it will lead to more Mad Max style scenarios.

Mad Mariks

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

"Die famous on the Glory Ro--" "NO YOU SHUT UP!"

The cancerous tumors are a metaphor for the partisan squabbling Marik politicians.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Leperflesh posted:

I'm guessing 6 was a declaration to the entire inner sphere that the Lyrans were about to be crushed by the clans, so you might as well carve out as much Lyran territory as you can grab while the getting's good.

Yeah what a great guess after PTN told you I wonder how no one figured this out during the vote oh wait

TildeATH posted:

You naive children, letting the rest of the Inner Sphere know isn't going to unite the Inner Sphere against the clans, it's going to cause the complete destruction of the Lyran Commonwealth as the opportunistic villains that always made up the Inner Sphere spend that time figuring out the best way to get their chunk while the clans eat the Lyrans.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Night10194 posted:

I legitimately don't remember anything about them except 'they're kinda german-ish'

The Crescent Hawks!!!

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Defiance Industries posted:

You don't wanna open this door.

It's okay I already told them the one good thing about the Lyran Commonwealth.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Yeah, I like House Marik mostly because the whole purple eagle symbol was awesome-looking. Then I found out that no one else really liked them (because everyone else in our gaming store was either in love with Steiners because Big Stompy 'Mechs or Kurita because samurai), so I dug in my heels and liked them more just to be different. That was the sum total of my motivations.

An object lesson in the Marik psychopathy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

PoptartsNinja posted:

Urbanmechs aren't that bad in Alpha Strike.

My only hope is that it's because they're dropped from space as combat meteoroids.

• Locked thread