Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sizuka2
Mar 19, 2012
Lurking. Always lurking.
If I understand this correctly, I should be coordinating with Zest's Clint at 2650 and closing to melee with Blind Sal at 1120. Also, I can ignore infantry/vehicles like those at 1945 since they won't shoot me, which Zest might want to be careful of? Any damage to you looks like it nulls out your special goal.

Options - find some way to screen Zest from the rabble at 1945 with my mech? (Would that block LOS for them?)

Can't tell if the hill will have LOS on anything relevant: don't the buildings block most of that off?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sizuka2
Mar 19, 2012
Lurking. Always lurking.
Clear you a path? Pick out the sightlanes you want cleared, I'll give it a shot.

E.g., do you want the 600's cleared out? The 1300's?

sizuka2
Mar 19, 2012
Lurking. Always lurking.
Question: what does the elevation change do to movement costs? Does it force piloting tests?

What about trying to walk over destroyed buildings?

Trying to work out how to get to (probably) 2042 and start clearing out hexes for the ER PPC. (though... would Zest would have LOS over those? If so, I should be looking elsewhere for buildings to clear.)

Still want to check that the 1945 infantry won't ruin his ace sniper goal by taking potshots at Zest if he sets up on the hill, but can't tell if that's a) impossible b) likely or c) inevitable.

sizuka2
Mar 19, 2012
Lurking. Always lurking.
Thanks!

Looks like I should run to 2044, and get started with wrecking next turn. Unless the hill would permit LOS over the buildings? Are they all height 2? Initial post suggested they were all height 2, with hills adding another height 1 implied.

sizuka2
Mar 19, 2012
Lurking. Always lurking.
Looks like the order for this turn is to run to 2044 (6 move, counting the elevation change up and the one down, no piloting check either way) and set up for next turn to knock down 1941, 1942, 2040, 2041.

Wrecking ball is one hex/turn to turn them to rough ground, I think. On the next turn, does it make sense to walk through one hex and wrecking ball the other?

(actually, should I also be hunting for mansions to level for GruntyThrst, or does he need to level those personally?)

sizuka2
Mar 19, 2012
Lurking. Always lurking.
Does the sniper still want 1941/1942/2040/2041 cleared out?

sizuka2
Mar 19, 2012
Lurking. Always lurking.
Looks like there's no point using weapons other than the wrecking ball to clear space, and I'm deferring to Zest on what space would be useful if cleared.

What happens if I try to Kool-aid man through a building? A piloting check? Damage to my mech? Is it a good idea? A bad one? Something only for desperate circumstances?

sizuka2
Mar 19, 2012
Lurking. Always lurking.
If I've got that right, that means a) not likely to do enough damage to destroy most buildings if /10, maybe if /5... and if I succeed, damage to the cockpit?

No kool-aid man for me, in that case.

sizuka2
Mar 19, 2012
Lurking. Always lurking.
Does the sniper still want the remaining two hexes destroyed? Not sure they're going to come forward to the area that you'd get line of sight on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sizuka2
Mar 19, 2012
Lurking. Always lurking.
Well, then I guess I'll just keep going north through buildings until the sniper has LOS on something. And hopefully get to charge Blind Sal at some point. Next up for demolition, 2040.

• Locked thread