Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Ok, I think I finally figured out why I get weird, janky results on my Tasker profile, which is set to disable PIN when I'm on home or work WiFi, and re-enable it when off.

Here are the two profiles (currently at work):

As you can see, BOTH of them are active, because I'm always going to be NOT connected to one of them, so I guess re-enable PIN takes "priority" over turn off PIN.

So...is there any way to get this to work? I can delete the second profile, but then I have to manually turn the PIN unlock back on every time I leave home/work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ara
Oct 18, 2003

DrBouvenstein posted:

Ok, I think I finally figured out why I get weird, janky results on my Tasker profile, which is set to disable PIN when I'm on home or work WiFi, and re-enable it when off.

Here are the two profiles (currently at work):

As you can see, BOTH of them are active, because I'm always going to be NOT connected to one of them, so I guess re-enable PIN takes "priority" over turn off PIN.

So...is there any way to get this to work? I can delete the second profile, but then I have to manually turn the PIN unlock back on every time I leave home/work.

I can think of one really easy way to do it. Restrict one of them to hours that you're at work, and turn the other one off during those hours. Leave like a one minute gap to avoid weird conflicts. Make it switch like 10 minutes after you leave home/work so that the PIN is properly enabled.

I mean you'll need to create two new profiles with time as a condition for all 4 of them, and have one network in each pair.

edit: Make sure you specify the days you work too, so it doesn't gently caress up on the weekend.

Ara fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Nov 22, 2013

Cruseydr
May 18, 2010

I am not an atomic playboy.
Keep the first profile and make the second one:
Wifi Connected (Wifi network A), invert it

Then on the profile list, tap the profile name, tap and hold the "Not Wifi Connected A" and choose Add. Make that new state the same as before, but for wifi network B. I just tested this on my phone and it seems to work just fine. It will only be active when both states are true.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Cruseydr posted:

Keep the first profile and make the second one:
Wifi Connected (Wifi network A), invert it

Then on the profile list, tap the profile name, tap and hold the "Not Wifi Connected A" and choose Add. Make that new state the same as before, but for wifi network B. I just tested this on my phone and it seems to work just fine. It will only be active when both states are true.

Awesome, thanks...giant Tasker newbie, this is literally the only thing I use it for...though I think I'll dig into it more and set up some other stuff.

Cruseydr
May 18, 2010

I am not an atomic playboy.

DrBouvenstein posted:

Awesome, thanks...giant Tasker newbie, this is literally the only thing I use it for...though I think I'll dig into it more and set up some other stuff.
No problem! I find that Tasker is great for solving problems you never knew you had.

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008
I typically keep my volumes all over the drat place depending on where I am, but i have a number of profiles to lower media,ringtone, etc wehn i am at work, and revert to previous when not.

I also have a profile set to max my media volume when in maps, so i can always hear directions... but I want to also enable this for results from google now / voice searches.

Adding the obvious 'voice search' to the app list results in the profile being always on, not just when using them. What is the correct way to use google now voice results in an app profile ?

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Hello thread, Tasker changed its look since I last used it a long time ago and now it is weird and confusing to me.

How would I set up a profile to turn off 3g when locked if the phone has been idle for say half an hour? TIA!

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

So is Tasker ever going to change it's Notification Drawer icon? It's lo-res, and it looks all blurry and stupid next to the sweet, hi-res post ICS icons.

Minor issue...but c'mon, Tasker! Get your head in the game!

Lker
Oct 26, 2010
Anyone with a Motorola device try using Tasker to unlock the phone via Touchless Controls? I made a profile using Secure Settings that would disable the pattern/pin/password/keyguard lock when Touchless Controls opens up, but it does not disable the lock from waking up with my voice command. The profile works fine after I wake up the phone, unlock, and then activate voice, but that just defeats the purpose...

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

Lker posted:

Anyone with a Motorola device try using Tasker to unlock the phone via Touchless Controls? I made a profile using Secure Settings that would disable the pattern/pin/password/keyguard lock when Touchless Controls opens up, but it does not disable the lock from waking up with my voice command. The profile works fine after I wake up the phone, unlock, and then activate voice, but that just defeats the purpose...

Do you have the AutoVoice plugin? You could set up a profile for when you'd like to touchless controls (not connected to home wifi, driving, etc) and have Autovoice start listening continuously. The app says this will hurt your battery a lot but I really haven't tested it. Your auto-voice command can then lead to the secure settings task of unlocking your phone and activating voice.

Otherwise there is an app called "Open Mic+ for Google Now" that is still working through some bugs on 4.4. It's the same thing as continuous listening for the "Okay Google" command but runs in a separate app with turn on at start / turn off at shutdown capabilities, allowing tasker to control it's function timing. It is, however, currently having problems unlocking the screen so this doesn't help you much until it's fixed.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
Is there a way to do device specific on-bt-connect stuff? I have a setup to play music when it connects, but the 2 devices need very different volume settings.

Prize Loser
Nov 28, 2005

It's casual Friday! Pants are optional!

ilkhan posted:

Is there a way to do device specific on-bt-connect stuff? I have a setup to play music when it connects, but the 2 devices need very different volume settings.

Under state, do Bluetooth Connected, and the name is the name of the BT device you want it to match against. You can also use the MAC address. Tap the magnifying glass to see the remembered devices.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

Prize Loser posted:

Under state, do Bluetooth Connected, and the name is the name of the BT device you want it to match against. You can also use the MAC address. Tap the magnifying glass to see the remembered devices.
Thanks.

Lker
Oct 26, 2010

Judge Schnoopy posted:

Do you have the AutoVoice plugin? You could set up a profile for when you'd like to touchless controls (not connected to home wifi, driving, etc) and have Autovoice start listening continuously. The app says this will hurt your battery a lot but I really haven't tested it. Your auto-voice command can then lead to the secure settings task of unlocking your phone and activating voice.

Otherwise there is an app called "Open Mic+ for Google Now" that is still working through some bugs on 4.4. It's the same thing as continuous listening for the "Okay Google" command but runs in a separate app with turn on at start / turn off at shutdown capabilities, allowing tasker to control it's function timing. It is, however, currently having problems unlocking the screen so this doesn't help you much until it's fixed.

I've tried the apps you suggested, and I wasn't able to make it work. I know there is a new Touchless Control with voice entry pin/password for Moto X, so I figure I'll wait until that version hits my Maxx. Thanks for the suggestions though.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Does Tasker allow you to disable the screen lock magnetic sensor?

Spekkio
Sep 23, 2005

Really satisfying music!
Has anyone got any tips on starting Spotify and having it play/resume from the last playlist?

I managed to get the app to open but cannot get it to unpause my last played song using simulated media controls.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Anyone with a Galaxy S3 on 4.3 have ANY luck disabling the lock screen successfully? It's to the point now where I just set up a simple "lock screen on/lock screen off" toggle, and after 30 minutes the lock screen kicks on regardless of what state it's in. I'm using secure settings...beginning to suspect that it just won't work without root.

Lker
Oct 26, 2010

Medullah posted:

Anyone with a Galaxy S3 on 4.3 have ANY luck disabling the lock screen successfully? It's to the point now where I just set up a simple "lock screen on/lock screen off" toggle, and after 30 minutes the lock screen kicks on regardless of what state it's in. I'm using secure settings...beginning to suspect that it just won't work without root.

IFAIK you can't disable lock security without root and almost all the settings from Secure Settings plugin require root. Security stuff just requires root in general since you are actively trying to make the phone less secure.

TheCombatWombat
Feb 23, 2001

Spekkio posted:

Has anyone got any tips on starting Spotify and having it play/resume from the last playlist?

I managed to get the app to open but cannot get it to unpause my last played song using simulated media controls.

Have you installed the media utilities plug in? It makes this super easy. The task becomes load spotify, wait 5 seconds, smart play from media utilities and it works. I have this set to trigger whenever I plug in headphones.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Lker posted:

IFAIK you can't disable lock security without root and almost all the settings from Secure Settings plugin require root. Security stuff just requires root in general since you are actively trying to make the phone less secure.

Do you mean specifically on that phone, or in general? Because I use secure settings to change to slide to unlock (when connected to known wifi networks) and it works for me without root on my Nexus 4

Boner Wad
Nov 16, 2003
Right now I have a quiet time task setup to set the silent mode on between two times with an exit task to set the silent mode off. What I'd like to do is silent mode but allow phone calls. Is that possible?

Spekkio
Sep 23, 2005

Really satisfying music!

TheCombatWombat posted:

Have you installed the media utilities plug in? It makes this super easy. The task becomes load spotify, wait 5 seconds, smart play from media utilities and it works. I have this set to trigger whenever I plug in headphones.

That did the trick, thanks.

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008
Does anyone know if the Secure Settings Tasker plugin will work if you set it to disable the pin when you have an Exchange pin-policy enabled? Both are essentially device admins, so I don't know if they can control each oher.

MeKeV
Aug 10, 2010
I thought I had this all sorted with a 0-1 variable with a 2 wrap around - but a phone reboot messes it all up and it looses track.

All I want is a green notification on one Sunday, then a grey icon the next Sunday and then a green the next and so on.

Any way to do it without a calendar entry, or should I just go with the google calendar route?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Ok, I've got a profile/task (not too sure on the difference) that's acting weirdly. I have a task that's supposed to run PocketCasts and disable the lockscreen (via Local/Tasker Profiles triggering CM profiles) when the phone connects to my car's bluetooth. However, it's not getting triggered for some reason. It worked fine when I had a BT dongle that I plugged into my car's aux jack, but now that I have built-in BT, the task won't start. I have made sure to change the BT ID to the correct one (although it sometimes gets changed to my car's hands-free calling BT address instead?). What's going on here?

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Is there a way to use the Fitbit Force as a bluetooth device that Tasker will turn off my lockscreen for? It would be the perfect solution for me. Currently I have 3 profiles. One that checks for wifi I connect to, one that checks for wifi near (for work since I don't connect to it) and one that checks for a connection to my car's bluetooth. This setup only seems to work sometimes--I'm not sure if the profiles fight with each other or what. If I could use the Force, it would have a lockscreen when I'm not around regardless of if I'm near wifi or not, etc. I tried using it before and I couldn't do it since there's no pairing like a regular bluetooth device.

e: Update: there is a beta version (http://tasker.dinglisch.net/beta.html) that includes a "Bluetooth Near" state. It has an (experimental?) option for Bluetooth LE. It seems to be working for me right now

myron cope fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Jan 19, 2014

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007
I have my work schedule in Google calendars. How can I make my phone automatically wake me up 2 hours before I start work either using Tasker or an app? I can't find poo poo on it. My hours are different every day so this would really help.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
That's come up before, and I don't think anyone has had a working solution. At this point, you should just ask the Tasker developer, since he'd presumably know the capabilities of his own app the best.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

If you're using Hangouts as your SMS app, can you use Tasker to automatically send a text at a designated time? I remember reading something a little bit ago saying you couldn't, but I am hoping that's not the case anymore.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Dr. Video Games 0050 posted:

I have my work schedule in Google calendars. How can I make my phone automatically wake me up 2 hours before I start work either using Tasker or an app? I can't find poo poo on it. My hours are different every day so this would really help.

Ummm couldn't you just add an alert to the calendar item?

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!

XIII posted:

If you're using Hangouts as your SMS app, can you use Tasker to automatically send a text at a designated time? I remember reading something a little bit ago saying you couldn't, but I am hoping that's not the case anymore.

You can. I have it send a text to a number at 11:11, oddly enough when you posted this :tinfoil:. Just make sure you choose Send SMS and not Compose SMS.

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.
Hi guys,

I'm at ease with Tasker when it comes to setting up simple things like:

Going into silent mode when connected to work wifi
Switching to 2G when connected to my home wifi using toggle2g plugin (because I have lovely coverage in my house and I get better signal strength on 2G freq than 3G)
Turning off pattern lock when connected to home wifi using the Secure Settings plugin

but I'm really confused when it comes to trying to achieve my next task(s)

What I want to do is set an appropriate alarm to be active/set only when x calendar entry is due that day.

In this instance my day shift starts at 8am and I want my alarm to be set to 6.30am.

I'm going to Profile -> State -> App -> Calendar Entry -> then chosen my calendar (in this case Google:Shifts) then selected my Title (in this case Day Shift #1 Day 1).

And then I'm stuck. I don't know how to go from Tasker recognising a calendar event is happening that day to it setting my alarm before the event.

I tried setting up a task "Set Alarm" but the hours/minutes entry there is confusing. Am I entering 6hrs 30mins to set alarm 6hrs 30mins into the day or is that figure the alarm after the event has started?

I suppose I could amend my calendar item so it gives me a reminder notification 90 mins before shift is due to start which then triggers the alarm to ring but that brings another question;

If I set the reminder on my calendar, does the reminder notification get issued by Google servers or the Calendar app on my phone? The reason I ask is that I don't want to miss the notification trigger for the alarm if there's an issue with Google/my wifi etc.

I can't use an alert notification for the event as my alarm because I will be eventually setting up a Tasker profile which puts my phone on silent between x and x hours prior to the same event and whilst alarm ignores silent mode, notification alerts wouldn't.

WastedJoker fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Apr 27, 2014

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
I have Tasker set up to enforce quiet hours at night, but I've noticed that some apps that use the default notification sound play it anyway. Besides changing the default sound to none, how can I make these few apps behave?

Boner Wad
Nov 16, 2003

hooah posted:

I have Tasker set up to enforce quiet hours at night, but I've noticed that some apps that use the default notification sound play it anyway. Besides changing the default sound to none, how can I make these few apps behave?

I set Silent Mode to on and I don't hear anything.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

WastedJoker posted:

If I set the reminder on my calendar, does the reminder notification get issued by Google servers or the Calendar app on my phone? The reason I ask is that I don't want to miss the notification trigger for the alarm if there's an issue with Google/my wifi etc.

I believe the calendar sync downloads everything when I tried exactly this, so as long as your phone touched the server sometime after you made the change but before you lost network connection the event will be on your phone and will trigger correctly. Try it and see, though - put an alarm on the calendar 5 minutes from now, put the device in airplane mode, and see what happens.

Herr Ober
Apr 26, 2014

hooah posted:

Can you post your setup? That sounds very strange. I'm using "silent mode" and I never hear anything at night.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Herr Ober posted:

Can you post your setup? That sounds very strange. I'm using "silent mode" and I never hear anything at night.

Sure. "From 22:00 to 7:00", it does the task "Quiet", which sets notification, ringer, and system volumes to 0.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!
Is there any way to set up a profile that will pause Beyondpod if I turn the media volume all the way down? At work, my media volume is usually only up a step or two, and it would be much more convenient to pause it with hardware keys than by turning the screen on.

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Is there any way to set up a profile that will pause Beyondpod if I turn the media volume all the way down? At work, my media volume is usually only up a step or two, and it would be much more convenient to pause it with hardware keys than by turning the screen on.

Looks like it. For State, pick variables, and one of the variables is volume - Media. And pausing BeyondPod is a task in the third party menu.

Unfortunately, I don't know enough of how the variables work to tell you what you should tell it to look for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

Golbez posted:

Looks like it. For State, pick variables, and one of the variables is volume - Media. And pausing BeyondPod is a task in the third party menu.

Unfortunately, I don't know enough of how the variables work to tell you what you should tell it to look for.

Thanks. This plus "headphones plugged in" seems to be working.

• Locked thread