Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I need to work on a more detailed 'When home, turn on wifi' profile. I tried doing it by cell phone towers, but apparently my workplace isn't far enough from home for my phone to be able to tell the difference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

So it seems like upgrading to Gingerbread blocked my ability to turn on GPS when I launch Maps, because they took out something out.

Is there a known way around that?

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Hmm...Is there a good way to kill all location-collection when an app is open?

For some insane reason, the current version of the camera for the Epic4g doesn't allow you to turn off adding location metadata to pictures, and even with GPS off, it'll use my cell phone tower data or wifi location data to put coordinates on my pictures.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Am I missing something obvious, or is there no way to issue the action "connect to wifi network xyz"? I can turn it on or off, and can detect networks, but can't find the one thing I need.

There's two networks at work, A and B. A has more range, but is kinda lovely. B is great, but is mostly within A. So when my device comes in range of A, it stays in A and never connects to B unless I force it to. I want to set up a task such that when the phone detects B, it connects to B.

• Locked thread