Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!
Upgraded from a T-Mobile G2 (aka Desire Z) running 2.3 to a Nexus 5. The one thing I used Tasker for was to go into Airplane mode 8:00AM - 8:30AM, also when I'm in a meeting, but now it seems I need to be rooted to do that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!

Ara posted:

Yes you do, but what's your reason for wanting airplane mode? I'm having trouble thinking of a reason to use it for half an hour per day. You can turn off mobile data, which I do at work with Tasker, and it saves a lot of power.
When I'm commuting to work in the subway so it doesn't drain the battery trying to find signal. Also for the meeting so it doesn't go off for emails, phones etc, I guess for that I could do silent and no vibrate?

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

Tamba posted:

It definitely is a feature in Cyanogenmod, no idea if it's from AOSP or something the Cyanogenmod-guys added.

Settings-->Lockscreen-->Screen Security-->"Delay after timeout" and "Delay after turned off"
I'm on a Nexus 5 and don't see it, must be something from Cyanogenmod

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

XIII posted:

If you're using Hangouts as your SMS app, can you use Tasker to automatically send a text at a designated time? I remember reading something a little bit ago saying you couldn't, but I am hoping that's not the case anymore.

You can. I have it send a text to a number at 11:11, oddly enough when you posted this :tinfoil:. Just make sure you choose Send SMS and not Compose SMS.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

Knight of Arboria posted:

Looked through the thread, but didn't really see a solution to the situation I'm about to post (or there was and my bleary eyes just zipped right past it).

I'm out of school for the summer, and I'm going to be spending the bulk of my time at my parents' place. Their ISP only gives them unlimited bandwidth between 6pm and 8am each day (all day on weekends, though!), so I'm trying to figure out how to get Tasker to turn my phone's Wi-Fi sensor on during that window, then turn it back off outside that window. Figuring out how to turn my phone's mobile data connection off/on in the meantime would be a plus as well. I'd also like my phone's Wi-Fi sensor to shut off and jump straight to mobile data on those occasions where I do end up leaving the house. Anyone here in a similar situation who can lend me a helping hand?

First context: location (find your parents place)
Second context: time 8-18
Task: net > WiFi on (could combine or make separate task for net > mobile data)

Exit task WiFi off (I think)

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

So I'm trying to make one Wifi SSID have precedence over the other. Like if both FOO and BAR are available, I'd like it to connect to BAR. I downloaded WiFi Connect for Tasker, then did the following:

Wifi Near BAR
Not Wifi Connected BAR
Task
Wifi Net: disconnect
Wifi Connect : BAR

However, through all that it doesn't work.
Right now it's lit up saying the profile is active, but it won't actually run the task. If I go into the task and manually hit the play button it works fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I had a task set up that sends a text to a phone number. Now its sending it twice, I think it has to do with Google Voice/Hangouts integration as one message is saying "via SMS" and the other is saying "via Google Voice". Anyone else with this issue and/or know how to fix? I didn't see any bugs reported, but maybe I'm not looking in the right place.

hooah posted:

I get no cell signal in the building where I have classes, so I find myself turning on airplane mode and the enabling WiFi every day. I'm sure this is something Tasker can automate, but I haven't the slightest idea how to go about it. I think location would be a good enough trigger.
That, or time. Not sure how it would know where you are to turn it off if you have it in Airplane mode

• Locked thread