Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iananan
May 3, 2007

Portrait of the Artist as a Grump
Ok, resurrecting this thread with a dilemma. I'm trying to sort out a task that will pause my music when youtube launches. The usual application variable works when opening youtube from the app drawer, but not when launched from a link, does anyone know how to make that work? (say I've clicked a link in facebook, the popup appears saying open in browser or youtube, I choose youtube, and music continues to play)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iananan
May 3, 2007

Ashex posted:

Shouldn't you be able to just set a context for when Youtube is in focus?

I thought that was what I was doing, is that not the same as selecting youtube from the app list?

is the app list launch/close and focus is different?

Iananan
May 3, 2007

Ashex posted:

Are you adding a context of application and selecting Youtube? When you use that it will activate the profile when the app is in focus.

still doesn't work when another app launches youtube.

Iananan
May 3, 2007

goku chewbacca posted:

I have an SMS-triggered GPS locater profile. Is there any way for Tasker to interupt or intercept the ''findme" text trigger? In case of theft, I doesn't make sense for the thief to see my message in SMS Popup or the notification bar.

I tried to make Task Kill SMS Popup the first action, but it didn't keep it from displaying and turning on the screen. If SMS Popup pulls from the stock messaging app like Chomp or Handcent, preventing the stock app from showing/logging the received text should work. Unless Tasker pulls from the stock app rather than from somewhere deeper like the telephony stack.

The one from lifehacker, right? I think it might be better trying to disguise the text as something inconspicuous rather than blanking out the text altogether, but maybe there's a silent toggle on the receive text trigger?

my problem is: I have a profile to pause music when youtube opens. which is ok, but I kind of want it to turn it back on again afterwards.

at the moment it just hits media: set to pause (not toggle) and set volume to max when youtube or bbc iplayer open.

so if something is playing, then it pauses. however, if I set an exit task to play again, if I open it without music playing, whenever I leave, it will hit play anyway.

What I want is a "if music is playing" variable, but I can't seem to find anything.
any help?

Iananan
May 3, 2007

I thought exit tasks were just for application launches. General variables would be on/off anyway.

• Locked thread