Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I set my find me text to look innocent like "hey bro 1" the 1 at the end makes it so it's not triggered by my friends, but just looks like a typo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I'm having a problem with variables. I want to set something up to make sure that my wife is awake at a specific time or I get an alert to call her.

State 1: time 10:30
Events
I have taker set a random number as %rand
Then I have it text %rand to my wife
Then set %response to 3
Wait 30 and alert me if %response ~ 3 (ive also tried =)

State 2: text from wife comes in from wife and contains %rand
Event: set %response to 1.

if I run it normally without the if statement (alert runs fine) it works fine, but the second I put the if statement in it srnds texts but won't alert me if she doesn't respond.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

It should work, maybe delete the power context?

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

b0nes posted:

What do I add so that full brightness will be only when the power or USB is plugged in?

It may be that your car charger isn't being recognized properly.
Thats one thing I hate about tasker, there is no debug mode to see how things are set.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Spatule posted:

Could I use tasker (and maybe additional software) to change the alarm time in the morning according to traffic conditions ? Delay of more than 10 minutes on my way to work -> ring now if it's after 6.30AM for example.

Tasker is meant for phone states so you really can't have it check external sources like traffic to adjust things.

• Locked thread