Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

900ftjesus posted:

Headphones plugged in - Set Media and Notification and ringer volume to 3. In the car I turn the media volume up full, so it keeps it from deafening me when I use headphones and it keeps notifications from blasting my car speakers.

Headphones unplugged - Notifications and ringers back to previous volume (vibrate or full volume), media volume to 0

This is pretty cool, I've borrowed it :)

However, is there a way to set the exit task to 'whatever the volume was before plugging in headphones'? This is one thing I've struggled to find.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Just found out today that you can make BeyondPod automatically start playing (or whatever) via Tasker, so now I have my 'Headphones' task set notifications to 1, media volume to 4, other volume settings, keypad lock off and automatically play. Excellent.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Vermillion posted:

Does anyone know if I can use Tasker to automatically enable always-on mobile when Pandora starts, and disable it when Pandora closes?

You should be able to. I don't use Pandora so I don't know about this situation exactly, but basically you do this:

1 - Set your context as the application you want to use
2 - Set the task to be whatever you want (turn on or turn off things, etc.)
3 - Set the EXIT task to the opposite of the other task you made (it would be easier if you could just have a check box to do this automatically)

And that should be it. I have the Bluetooth GPS Provider app to hopefully use an external GPS antenna instead of the built-in GPS, and the app says that on some Samsung phones you have to turn the GPS on and then off again to avoid reboots and freezes (which happens with mine). So I made a new profile for so the app so whenever I started it, the GPS turns on, waits a few seconds, then turns off and then turns on bluetooth. The exit task for when the app is turned off just turns the bluetooth off. I haven't tried it yet but in theory this should work.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

b0nes posted:

edit wht do I do to save this and make it work. Because after I do it it says "no active profiles" in the notification bar.

I may be forgetting something but that button that says 'off' should say 'on' and be lit up green.

• Locked thread