Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SeaWolf
Mar 7, 2008
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but my tasker thing is only half working.

I mounted my old busted tablet to the bookcase next to my bed as a quick info screen.

What I want tasker to do is turn the screen on at 9AM and stay on for the entire day, until 10pm when it should go to sleep. After 10 pm, if I turn it on manually to look at something real quick I want it to go back to sleep after 1 minute if I don't press the sleep button myself.

I have no problem getting the tablet to wake up every morning at 9 and stay on for the whole day, i use secure settings to wake it up, and use the display timeout set to infinite until 10pm.

At 10pm the tablet goes to sleep properly with the system lock command and the display timeout is changed to 1 minute (and it's reflected in system settings as thus), BUT when i turn it on myself in the middle of the night it remains on. The screen dims, but never ever turns off. When my alarm goes off at 6AM I expect it to have gone back to sleep by the time I get out of the shower, but nope, there it is, still on.

What do yall think I'm doing wrong here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeaWolf
Mar 7, 2008

Vykk.Draygo posted:

System Settings -> Developer Options -> uncheck Stay Awake?

well poo poo, that was stupid easy, thanks!

• Locked thread