Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Lker posted:

IFAIK you can't disable lock security without root and almost all the settings from Secure Settings plugin require root. Security stuff just requires root in general since you are actively trying to make the phone less secure.

Do you mean specifically on that phone, or in general? Because I use secure settings to change to slide to unlock (when connected to known wifi networks) and it works for me without root on my Nexus 4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Is there a way to use the Fitbit Force as a bluetooth device that Tasker will turn off my lockscreen for? It would be the perfect solution for me. Currently I have 3 profiles. One that checks for wifi I connect to, one that checks for wifi near (for work since I don't connect to it) and one that checks for a connection to my car's bluetooth. This setup only seems to work sometimes--I'm not sure if the profiles fight with each other or what. If I could use the Force, it would have a lockscreen when I'm not around regardless of if I'm near wifi or not, etc. I tried using it before and I couldn't do it since there's no pairing like a regular bluetooth device.

e: Update: there is a beta version (http://tasker.dinglisch.net/beta.html) that includes a "Bluetooth Near" state. It has an (experimental?) option for Bluetooth LE. It seems to be working for me right now

myron cope fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Jan 19, 2014

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I'm looking to setup a fairly basic event: text my wife and maybe set volumes when I enter/exit work. I haven't tried on my N6 yet, but it would constantly trigger on my N4. It would send like 10 entered/exited messages, when I wasn't entering/exiting at all.

I tried setting up just GPS and it did work but obviously used a ton of battery. So I figured I could add a second trigger, like WiFi, but that's when it started triggering a bunch. I also added Bluetooth connected so it would trigger only in my car when I was in the parking lot (where I had WiFi signal). That didn't seem to help either, since it just wouldn't trigger reliably at all.

Anyway, am I missing an easy way to do it in tasker? Were the previous issues just related to maybe the N4 maybe not working correctly?

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

CaptainJuan posted:

Dump the GPS and bluetooth stuff and have it go off when you are in range of your work wifi, and then create a second inverted profile so it goes off when youre out of range of work wifi? The only issue might be if your workplace is big enough that theres multiple wifi networks covering the whole building, or if you move around a lot and go in and out of range.

Or maybe stop being a sperglord and just text your wife?

I probably would move out of range some times so I guess it would be triggering a bunch that way.

Also this is just because I forget to do it, so automatically means I don't have to remember

• Locked thread