Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MeKeV
Aug 10, 2010
My end goal is to make a widget that tells me how long until my next alarm, rather than the time of the alarm.

My plan was to do some calcs in tasker and use the variable integration with Minimalistic Text to make the widget. But the alarm clock I'm using - Alarm clock Plus, doesn't seem to tell tasker anything.

Am I missing a trick, or is there some other alarm app that can tell tasker when the next alarm is, or am I looking at a dead end here?

e: nevermind, I found another alarm clock (Timed) with a widget that says how long until the next alarm.

MeKeV fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Jun 10, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeKeV
Aug 10, 2010

Kameleon posted:

So amongst all the other stuff I have Tasker doing, I have two profiles that are conflicting.

One (Screen On) turns wifi/data on when the screen is unlocked, along with setting a variable to tell Tasker that the screen is on. The other (Screen Off) clears the variable and turns the keyguard off, then waits for 15 seconds before checking if the variable is still off and if it is, disconnecting wifi/data and re-enabling the keyguard.

If I turn the screen off and then back on again within this 15 second window, when the 15 seconds are up the screen locks and wifi/data blip as they are momentarily disconnected. I've tried setting the Screen On profile with a higher priority but what am I missing to make the two profiles coexist?

What you getting from this that you wouldn't from having "Wifi sleep policy" set to when screen off? Or are these part of a bigger pie?

MeKeV
Aug 10, 2010
I thought I had this all sorted with a 0-1 variable with a 2 wrap around - but a phone reboot messes it all up and it looses track.

All I want is a green notification on one Sunday, then a grey icon the next Sunday and then a green the next and so on.

Any way to do it without a calendar entry, or should I just go with the google calendar route?

• Locked thread