Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
I'm trying to get my head around something which seems to be quite simple. I want my phone to go off silent/vibrate mode from 6pm on Friday till 9pm on Sunday and be on vibrate/silent all the other times. How do I set this up?

Can I set this up so that I can manually override this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

Brightman posted:

I might be wrong but you might have to do 3 profiles for that. One using Days set to Monday through Thursday, one using Time from midnight to 6pm and Day for Friday, and one using Time and Day for 9pm to Midnight and Sunday. You can combine contexts, like Day and Time, but there doesn't seem to be a way to do this in one with a range of time starting on Sunday and ending on Friday.

As for a manual override, if you adjust the volume yourself it'll stick that way, although with the setup I suggest it'd probably switch back at midnight when it got to the next day.

My setup for something like this is weekdays during when I work (Day/Time context) and if it's connected to my router or not (in case I have a day off, or I sleep in, otherwise it'd be silent if someone tried to call me). Then I have another one for nighttime that sets it to vibrate unless it's a phone call from 10-6. You can also use these profiles to turn off data, gps, sync, or whatever if you want too.

Here's some tutorials on various Tasker things . These might be out of date, but I think they should still work as far as the logic goes.

So I have Friday 23:59 to 18:00 Enable Vib, exit = disable Vib. M, T, W & Th Enable Vib, exit = disable Vib. Sun 21:00 to 23:59 Enable Vib, exit = Disable Vib. Is that what you meant?

Yeah I have looked over some of those profiles but I think most of them are really old and maybe not compatible with ICS.

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

Brightman posted:

Well that should be Friday midnight to 18:00, as is I'm not sure what that'd do, probably enable vibrate after six until a minute before midnight, but yeah. Also just enabling vibrate without doing anything with volume might not work, since I'm not sure if Tasker controls volume based on vibrate being on/off like the phone's volume controls would.

So I must have my Friday 00:00 to 18:00 wrong somehow as my phone is not on silent and it is before 18:00 on a Friday. It currently looks like this:

Fri >Enable Vib
From 00:00 Till 18:00 <Disable Vib

Is that wrong?

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Is "Vib" a task that turns on vibration for notifications and phone calls, but turns off ringer and notification audio, or are you only turning on vibration but not turning off sounds?

edit: should look similar to this (my night time task)

It's Tasker's built in Vibrate/Silent mode. I got the idea from this. However that may be out of date.

I think it may have been my exit tasks messing it up as I understand you don't often need exit tasks.

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
I recently did a factory reset of my phone and so I am creating my Tasker stuff again. However for some reason I can't get any profiles to fire. They are turned on, Tasker is running and in the foreground. What else am I missing?

• Locked thread