Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.
I've finally started getting to grips with Tasker today.

I'm currently using Wifi SSID as a method of triggering profiles. Cell tower location triggering is probably a more battery efficient method though, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.
What's the most efficient way of ensuring a notification only happens once?

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Maybe the charging event is triggered by the physical plugging in?

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Roundboy posted:

Set a flag on the first run and bypass it doing anything when that flag is set via if statement?

Cheers!

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Mister Fister posted:

Tasker newbie here, but anyone know how to setup a profile where the screen will not turn off due to timeout when an application is in focus (in this case: Ingress)? Thanks

I think you need to use Secure Settings plugin to do it.

First Context: Application-> Choose application
Create a task using the action from Plugins->Secure Settings->Wake Device->Manual On
Once saved expand the Profile then press & hold on the Task to create an exit task which does the opposite of the above.

WastedJoker fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Mar 15, 2013

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

the kawaiiest posted:

Got it set up and it works like a charm. One more question though, how do I tell it to do something when I disconnect from my home wifi?

Sorry, I'm a complete newbie with this thing.

Create an exit task by holding down on the task - it'll offer you the chance to create an exit task

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Hi guys,

I'm at ease with Tasker when it comes to setting up simple things like:

Going into silent mode when connected to work wifi
Switching to 2G when connected to my home wifi using toggle2g plugin (because I have lovely coverage in my house and I get better signal strength on 2G freq than 3G)
Turning off pattern lock when connected to home wifi using the Secure Settings plugin

but I'm really confused when it comes to trying to achieve my next task(s)

What I want to do is set an appropriate alarm to be active/set only when x calendar entry is due that day.

In this instance my day shift starts at 8am and I want my alarm to be set to 6.30am.

I'm going to Profile -> State -> App -> Calendar Entry -> then chosen my calendar (in this case Google:Shifts) then selected my Title (in this case Day Shift #1 Day 1).

And then I'm stuck. I don't know how to go from Tasker recognising a calendar event is happening that day to it setting my alarm before the event.

I tried setting up a task "Set Alarm" but the hours/minutes entry there is confusing. Am I entering 6hrs 30mins to set alarm 6hrs 30mins into the day or is that figure the alarm after the event has started?

I suppose I could amend my calendar item so it gives me a reminder notification 90 mins before shift is due to start which then triggers the alarm to ring but that brings another question;

If I set the reminder on my calendar, does the reminder notification get issued by Google servers or the Calendar app on my phone? The reason I ask is that I don't want to miss the notification trigger for the alarm if there's an issue with Google/my wifi etc.

I can't use an alert notification for the event as my alarm because I will be eventually setting up a Tasker profile which puts my phone on silent between x and x hours prior to the same event and whilst alarm ignores silent mode, notification alerts wouldn't.

WastedJoker fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Apr 27, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Is there a relatively easy way to create a task which will activate deep sleep/battery saver mode on my tablet after x number of minutes of zero touches to the screen? By easy I mean without using variables.

• Locked thread