Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

I'm having trouble finding out the if command for a tasker thingie.

I want to unlock the screen when my phone is 100% charged (basically so the whole screen wakes for a moment so I can tell from a distance its charged). I got the unlock to work when 100% charged, but I can't figure the variable to tell the phone that I don't want to unlock the screen if its already unlocked!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Bearnt! posted:

Latitude & Maps - When these are opened turn on GPS, when exited turn off GPS

I think i got halfway through setting this up, but I screwed up somewhere. Can you give me the setup?

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Vykk.Draygo posted:

I just quickly set this up and it works fine.

New -> Applications -> [select apps] -> done
New task -> + -> Misc -> GPS -> On -> done

That's all. I'm on an EVO running CM7 (Gingerbread).

Now I just realized that I don't want this because I also have Tasker set up to check whether I'm at home or not so it'll connect to WiFi.

Thanks for this, but I got impatient and tried to do it my way.

I originally set a task for whenever applications I want to use GPS with are opened, GPS starts too. But there's a problem. Navigation will ask for GPS to turn on if GPS isn't on already. Some sort of lag issue. I couldn't figure out how to add a wait to open app so gps turns on first so I went about it like this:

Created a task on homescreen called GPS. This opens a folder organizer folder AND enables GPS. Inside that folder organizer folder are all the apps I want to use GPS with. By the time I've clicked on a gps app, its enabled and no issue.

Also created an exit task for all of the gps apps that shuts down gps once any of them are closed.

At that point I decided that tying in Folder Organizer folders/shortcuts was pretty cool.

Only thing I'd love to do is to add a task to switch to a specific homescreen. I've got a launcherpro shortcut made for it, but that can't be used by Tasker. Anyone know how to manually do it in tasker?

Here's the code for how LP does it (before it gets added as shortcut):

<LPShortcut sdkVersion="1"
label="Screen 3"
action="android.intent.action.MAIN"
package="com.fede.launcher"
class="com.fede.launcher.Launcher"
>
<Extra type="integer" name="com.fede.launcher.extra.SCREEN" value="3" />
<Icon

Doctor Butts fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Jun 27, 2011

• Locked thread