Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
900ftjesus
Aug 10, 2003
I have primary modes based on time and day - Sleep, work and home.

Sleep - Everything quiet
Work - Everything on vibrate
Home - Everything up full

Headphones plugged in - Set Media and Notification and ringer volume to 3. In the car I turn the media volume up full, so it keeps it from deafening me when I use headphones and it keeps notifications from blasting my car speakers.

Headphones unplugged - Notifications and ringers back to previous volume (vibrate or full volume), media volume to 0

Also, if you have a rooted Evo, you can use the secret LED for notifications.

Missed call - Amber LED, overrides purple.
SMS/Google Voice - Purple LED unless Amber is already on.

These are both stopped when the screen is unlocked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

900ftjesus
Aug 10, 2003

Doctor Butts posted:

I'm having trouble finding out the if command for a tasker thingie.

I want to unlock the screen when my phone is 100% charged (basically so the whole screen wakes for a moment so I can tell from a distance its charged). I got the unlock to work when 100% charged, but I can't figure the variable to tell the phone that I don't want to unlock the screen if its already unlocked!

When you unlock the phone, have Tasker set a variable %UNLOCK to 1 and set %UNLOCK to 0 when the screen is off. Now put an IF on your charge task that will only unlock the phone if %UNLOCK is 0.

900ftjesus
Aug 10, 2003

brc64 posted:

Hold up, what now? I have a purple LED? How do I access this? When I do a test notify with the LED set to purple it just flashes green.

That's the other LED, the Purple/Yellow one is on the opposite side of the earpiece. It's supposedly the WiMAX LED but is never used for some reason. Yes, there's a secret LED you've never seen before. This requires root, FYI.

Grab the free Locale Execute plugin from the Market.

Details for triggering them in different ways:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=816144

When you first test them, you will wait for like 10-20 seconds and the Superuser permissions will pop up, after that they work perfectly. I have mine clear them on unlock.

900ftjesus
Aug 10, 2003

brc64 posted:

I knew about the wimax led, but I thought all it could do was red and green. I'll check out the guide after class tonight. Thanks!

The left is amber and green, the right is purple (they say turquoise), red, and yellow. I like the yellow flash the most, it's the fade on/fade off style not just blinking.

The only way it does red is solid, so I don't use that one.

900ftjesus
Aug 10, 2003

brc64 posted:

Okay, that's totally not purple. Yeah, that's just a harder way of using Wimax Notifier. More flexible, I guess, but definitely more work.

Ok, turquoise. I just set up a task to blink the lights different colors, then I made a profile for a SMS notifications, missed calls, and Google Voice notifications that trigger the different tasks.

900ftjesus
Aug 10, 2003

Vykk.Draygo posted:

I got the secret LED on my EVO to work with new SMS, but can I get it to flash for new Gmail emails too? I can't seem to anything in Tasker about gmail notifications.

Make a task that blinks the light how you want, you probably did this already but you might want a different pattern for Gmail versus SMS.

New Profile -> Event -> UI -> Notification

Choose Owner Application and pick whatever you want to trigger it and then choose your light flashing task as the action.

900ftjesus
Aug 10, 2003

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Yeah, I meant to edit my post but I eventually figured it out. Now I'm just trying to figure out how to make the LED go away if the screen is already on when the notification comes in (which incidentally I just PM'd you about before I saw you reply in the thread).

Just came up with an idea.

Make a profile so when you unlock the screen, set a variable like "UNLOCKED = 1"

Make a profile for Display Off that sets "UNLOCKED = 0".

Now set an "if" on your light tasks "If UNLOCKED ~ 0" so it will only trigger if UNLOCKED is 0.

900ftjesus
Aug 10, 2003

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Apparently I don't know how to set variables because my attempt kept the LED from lighting up even with the screen off.

I created a new profile with Screen Unlocked, then added Variable Add and set it to 1. Did the same with Screen Off but set it to 2. I'm guessing this isn't right.

Use Variable Set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

900ftjesus
Aug 10, 2003
If you want bluetooth available during calls, hate going to enable it and switching, and then turning it off when you're done.

Profile 1:
Phone Offhook -> Bluetooth On

Profile 2:
Phone Idle AND Not Bluetooth Connected -> Bluetooth Off

You will have to manually switch it off if you hang up and have it connected. I figure I already have to turn the headset off, I'll just disable BT too. If you don't need it, it will shut itself off when the phone goes idle again.

• Locked thread