Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kreez
Oct 18, 2003

Do you think it would be possible to get Tasker to reliably launch the N1 Car Mode app when I put the phone in its cradle in my car? The N1 achieves this via dock connectors, but my Desire (like all other phones I guess) doesn't have them.

Is Tasker powerful enough to check whether the phone stays in an upright orientation for, say, 3 seconds every time it is plugged in? When I charge my phone overnight it gets placed on a desk.

The only other useful thing I can think of would be launching the Music app when I plug headphones in.

edit: okay, looks like it should be easy enough, there is a "standing up" state, but there is no "power connected" event (not state, I don't want car mode to launch every time I pick the phone up while it's plugged in at my desk)

edit2: looks like I should be able to make an Event through the "Variable Set" dialog, but I have no idea what sort of variable gets changed when the phone is plugged in. How this isn't a built in event is beyond me!

Kreez fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Jan 22, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kreez
Oct 18, 2003

I charge my phone at home/work via AC though, so that won't work :(

Kreez
Oct 18, 2003

Medullah posted:

I have Tasker set so that when it's upright and plugged in it launches car mode (because it's in my car dock), and when it's plugged in and on it's side it turns into a desk clock (bedtime).
How do you prevent it from lauching car mode when you pick it up while it's plugged in? Just avoid holding it straight up?

Also, I found that my phone wouldn't lock until I uninstalled Tasker. It would go direct to home when I woke it up (or perhaps it was never going to sleep or something?)

• Locked thread