Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
Before Tasker, every time I got in my car I had to turn on Slacker and Bluetooth to have streaming radio. Now I just turn on Slacker and bluetooth turns on automatically. My question is: Is there a way for Tasker to ever just know that I'm in my car? That way I can just leave the phone in my pocket and when I'm driving it'll be playing every time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
Thanks for the suggestions! Another question:

I'm trying to set up another profile that will increase the ringer volume to 10 when I'm home and then back to zero when I leave, similar to the wifi setting. However, it does not set my ringer volume higher when I hit apply, it stays on vibrate. Am I missing something?

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
If you use Google Voice for texting does Tasker's "received text" function still work?

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
I would like to know that work around, as well. It looks like they made it a 2 step process to turn GPS on, now.

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
Wait, the GPS icon only shows up in my tray when I open Maps. It seems like GPS is only being accessed when an application that uses GPS is opened, even without Tasker doing it. I keep GPS on and my phone only uses it when an application that uses GPS is opened, then the icon goes away when I close the app. Is this Tasker operation even necessary?

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
Is there a way you can have tasker "touch" a certain part of the screen at a certain time? AutoHotkey can give you coordinates of your computer screen and it can click there, is there anything similar with Tasker?

Or maybe I'm going at it the wrong way. I just want 'High' to be the default quality setting on Hulu Plus. I always have good signal when I use it, but I have to change from 'Med' to 'High' every time I watch a show.

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
I've done some searching but am coming up short. Rooted Galaxy Nexus.

I want to have Wireless Tether open and start by holding the volume down button for 3 seconds. I've found 'Media Button Pressed' and an option for it being held. But I don't know what it considers to be a media button, how to assign that to the VOL-, or if that's even the right thing.

Edit: Alternatively, I just want Wireless Tether to start/stop tethering with the least amount of interaction with the phone as possible. I know turning on the phone and opening WT is not that much, but I'd like it to be as close to a one button solution as possible.

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~

Kazy posted:

Can Tasker increment already-on alarms?

I'm using NFC to set kitchen timers, but currently these are hard-set. I want to make it so these are "Add 5 minutes to alarm", so I can have more flexibility when it comes to the timer. (eg, tap on 5 minutes twice to get 10 minutes, then tap on a 1 minute one to get 11).

Would this work? You could make it so that any additional taps would be considered SNOOZE input. Different snooze increments per tag.

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~

hooah posted:

I recently picked up some NFC tags, and have used NFC Task Launcher to write a few simple tasks to some tags. However, that app doesn't let me toggle the LTE radio in my Galaxy Nexus. Is this something Tasker can do when called by NFC Task Launcher?

According to some search results and "4g control" in the list of things they're working on, it doesn't look like it's something Tasker can do right now.

However, I did also find something else. It's a pretty :suicide: solution, but hey, Android.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
Don't root, just use Action > Dpad > Button > (Up, Down, Left, Right, whatever and however many times to highlight the Send button.) Then Action > Dpad > Button > Press.

• Locked thread