Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stevewm
May 10, 2005
Tasker seems to have problems working properly on my phone.. A Motorola Droid Maxx.

I normally keep all my volumes maxed. And I have a Tasker profile setup to turn them down to a little less than half when connected to the office wifi. This part always works. However when the profile is deactivated more than half the time the volumes are not returned to their previous level.

From what I understand reading the Tasker documentation, Settings items such as volume should return to their previous state when the profile they are linked to is no longer active, but this does not seem to be occurring all the time.

I do not run any task manager or any sort of "power saving" app that would interfere with Tasker's operation. The OS on the phone is bone stock and not rooted. I have tried the Run In Foreground setting which has not helped. I have also tried clearing Tasker's data and reinstalling the app with no change.

Any ideas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stevewm
May 10, 2005

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Set an exit task to put the volume where you want them?

HAHAHA I feel really dumb now. I stupidly assumed since it is supposed to restore previous state there would not be a way to set a disconnect event. However after looking again I realized there is a NOT checkbox which turns the Connected event into a Not Connected event. Problem solved!

stevewm
May 10, 2005

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Well that's not quite what I meant. I think you just created a second profile to deal with it, but I was talking about long pressing on the task in your current profile, selecting exit task, and setting your volumes where you want them.

I have a lot more to learn about this app.. Didn't realize that was an option either. I added the correct volume settings as the exit task and its works perfectly now.

Thanks!

• Locked thread