Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rye Bread
Nov 8, 2005
:razz:

Joans posted:

I tried this out today, but whenever I get home and look at my phone, the wifi is off (this is good, because it obviously got turned off while I was out of range), but it doesn't seem to want to turn itself back on. How long does it normally take?
And can I test this without leaving the house as well? If I turn off my wifi, then presumably Tasker should see that I'm in range and turn it back on?

I'm having the same exact issue. Fix was accurate to 51 meters and radius set to 1km.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rye Bread
Nov 8, 2005

Joans posted:

I think I know what our problem is. Turn off the wi-fi, then press Get Fix, you'll find the accuracy is much less than 51m (and possibly less than 1km).

You're right, it was. However, it says the profile is active but it hasn't activated wifi yet.

Rye Bread
Nov 8, 2005

brc64 posted:

If you test the task, does wifi come on?

Yes it did. I guess the real test is to see if it works later when I leave and come home?

Just went out. Didn't turn off.

And now today, it worked perfectly. Disregard.

Rye Bread fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Jan 28, 2011

• Locked thread