Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Can Tasker force the screen to stay off when the phone is in a certain orientation? I get lots of random activity after I receive a text message (using Handcent), and it'd be nice to be able to not worry about my thigh controlling my phone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

hooah posted:

Can Tasker force the screen to stay off when the phone is in a certain orientation? I get lots of random activity after I receive a text message (using Handcent), and it'd be nice to be able to not worry about my thigh controlling my phone.

Anyone?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
I found out that there's a demo version and downloaded that to try it out. In the documentation, it says there's a "text received" condition, but I can't find it in my version.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Event -> Phone -> Received Text

Ok, so how do I make one profile have two events? Does Tasker care?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Tunga posted:

Just add them both. For example I have a task that has "Connected to Home WiFi" and "A text message arrives" which then reads out the message in that (not at all) sexy Android Robot Woman voice. That should be what you need, except use the Orientation state instead of WiFi.

But I can't add a context without a task. Or should I add the "turn off screen" task to both contexts, in the same profile?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
I recently picked up some NFC tags, and have used NFC Task Launcher to write a few simple tasks to some tags. However, that app doesn't let me toggle the LTE radio in my Galaxy Nexus. Is this something Tasker can do when called by NFC Task Launcher?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Kenny Rogers posted:

Glympse stuff

How would I need to change the URL to insert a message and include a destination for Glympse?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Cross-post from the apps thread:
I get my daily schedule emailed to me and I was wondering if there's something that will scrape my email and out the schedule into my calendar. I figure Tasker can probably do this, but is there a simpler way? I am not a programmer and I think it would involve lots of passing data back and forth.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Ragingsheep posted:

Is it possible to turn the lockscreen pin on and off depending on if certain wifi networks are present?

Yes, but you need to be on a CM ROM and install this app, since those have support for profiles. At least, that's the only way I figured out how to do it. It worked well, though.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Ok, I've got a profile/task (not too sure on the difference) that's acting weirdly. I have a task that's supposed to run PocketCasts and disable the lockscreen (via Local/Tasker Profiles triggering CM profiles) when the phone connects to my car's bluetooth. However, it's not getting triggered for some reason. It worked fine when I had a BT dongle that I plugged into my car's aux jack, but now that I have built-in BT, the task won't start. I have made sure to change the BT ID to the correct one (although it sometimes gets changed to my car's hands-free calling BT address instead?). What's going on here?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
That's come up before, and I don't think anyone has had a working solution. At this point, you should just ask the Tasker developer, since he'd presumably know the capabilities of his own app the best.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
I have Tasker set up to enforce quiet hours at night, but I've noticed that some apps that use the default notification sound play it anyway. Besides changing the default sound to none, how can I make these few apps behave?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Herr Ober posted:

Can you post your setup? That sounds very strange. I'm using "silent mode" and I never hear anything at night.

Sure. "From 22:00 to 7:00", it does the task "Quiet", which sets notification, ringer, and system volumes to 0.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

wikidd posted:

Wouldn't it be better to set "silent mode" to on rather than specifying all the volumes?

I changed it to that (not sure how I missed it before). Hope this works; had Circa give an annoying notification in the middle of the night last night!

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
I have a profile that's supposed to trigger when my phone connects to either my car's phone bluetooth or the music one (the car only came with the ability to do phone over BT, so I added a module). The problem is that it doesn't ever trigger. It's currently set to go when it connects to the phone part of the car since I can only see how to have one BT trigger, but even if I switch it to the music receiver it won't trigger. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Do you have it set up to trigger if connected to one or the other, or is it accidentally set up to trigger if connected to both?

It's set up to trigger when it connects to one only. I was trying to say that I've tried setting both receivers separately as the triggering device.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Does it turn green in the profile list when you're connected to one of them? Can you post a screenshot (or PM me a screenshot, or email me username at gmail if you don't want it public for some reason)? Seems weird that it wouldn't be triggering, as it's not a particularly difficult profile to set up.

It doesn't turn green. I wasn't sure which part of the app you wanted a screenshot of, so I tapped on the profile in question while it was connected to both receivers (the phone, not Tasker):

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Mine just has the name of the bluetooth adapter without the comma and mac address. Try deleting everything after the name and see what happens.

Yup, that worked. Weird. "Here's an optional setting, but if you put in the correct MAC address for the listed device, it'll break your profile."

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Now that that is fixed, I have a request of my own (which since this thread is dead, probably won't be answered). I have a bluetooth adapter in my car that plugs into the cig lighter, and it's the kind that is always being powered, even when the vehicle is off. Therefor, I created a profile that would disconnect my phone from the adapter 2 minutes after I connect to my home wifi. The problem this causes me is that, often, when I'm leaving home I'll start playing music, and as I'm leaving, I'll very briefly leave the range of my wifi, then very briefly connect again before getting out of range permanently. This causes my aforementioned profile to trigger and two minutes later, my phone disconnects from the adapter.

Is there some way that I can make it check to see if it's still connected to wifi at the end of the 2 minute wait, or any other ideas to stop this from happening?

How close is your car to your house? You could just tell it to disconnect when it can't find the BT device anymore, if that's an ability Tasker has.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
I have a profile that turns on silent mode from 10 PM to 7:30 AM. It mostly works, but Circa (a news app) seems to ignore the silent mode if it has a breaking news notification. Why would that happen? Every other notification seems to behave.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

ScarletBrother posted:

If your phone is on actual silent mode during the task, then it's (probably) something inside the Circa app itself that is ignoring silent mode.

That could be. I did go into Circa and set the notifications to be silent.

While I'm here, my task that disables my PIN lock is unreliable. It's supposed to run when I'm at home (geographically) and when I connect to my car's bluetooth. Before Vykk.Draygo helped me re-tool my car profile, the home one always worked. Now it's kind of a crapshoot whether it will or not, but the car one always works fine, despite using the exact same task. Any ideas what's going wrong?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Just a theory, but perhaps tasker is finding your home location before disconnecting from Bluetooth, so the home profile never triggers for some reason.

Oooh, that's a good theory. Any idea on how to fix it?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

hooah posted:

While I'm here, my task that disables my PIN lock is unreliable. It's supposed to run when I'm at home (geographically) and when I connect to my car's bluetooth. Before Vykk.Draygo helped me re-tool my car profile, the home one always worked. Now it's kind of a crapshoot whether it will or not, but the car one always works fine, despite using the exact same task. Any ideas what's going wrong?

Now it's back to working whenever it feels like, both for home and in the car. I haven't changed any settings since I posted this originally. The only "change" that might be affecting things is temporarily disabling XPosed/GravityBox, but they're both back on and the profiles used to work fine with these utilities running. Any idea what might be messing up?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
I get no cell signal in the building where I have classes, so I find myself turning on airplane mode and the enabling WiFi every day. I'm sure this is something Tasker can automate, but I haven't the slightest idea how to go about it. I think location would be a good enough trigger.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
How can I set the notification volume to vibrate? In the help for that setting, it doesn't mention anything about vibrate.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Vykk.Draygo posted:

At least with stock android, you can't because ringer and notifications are linked. The best you can do is set your phone to vibrate mode then have another profile that turns off vibrate mode when you get a call.

I the ringer to be on vibrate as well, so however that works would be fine.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Vykk.Draygo posted:

If you just want notifications and ringer to be on vibrate, then its New Task -> Audio -> Silent Mode -> Vibrate.

Oh for gently caress's sake! When I poked around the other day, I saw the "off", and assumed the only other option would be "on"! Thank you.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Is anyone using Tasker + Settings on Lollipop yet? I use this combination to disable the PIN while I'm at home or in the car, and whenever one of these tasks exits and tries to re-enable the PIN, I get a message from Secure Settings saying "Stored password out of sync!". I've tried to go through the steps given in the pop-up, but SS tells me that decryption failed.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

BoyBlunder posted:

Why not use Secure Lock with Lollipop?

How do you mean? I don't have a Bluetooth device at home.

Edit: just read about trusted locations, and that sounds like it'll do nicely when my phone gets the services update.

hooah fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Nov 18, 2014

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
It can certainly do those things separately, but I don't know if it is able to play the audio directly over the connection. You'd probably have to hear it, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Is there a way to use Tasker to toggle Ambient Display in Marshmallow? I've done some searching and found some posts saying Secure Settings can access the doze_enabled setting which for some reason toggles Ambient Display, but I don't have that accessible. I have a 2014 Moto X running CM 13.

• Locked thread