Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
I just purchased a Nexus 7 for use in my car for Navigation and media. I will be tethering it from my Moto X for data and am hoping to find a tasker workflow to prevent apps from seeing a Wifi connection and proceeding to download tons of things as it sees fit. Most notably app updates, music I've pinned to d/l that haven't completed yet, and podcasts or any other rogue things. Is there a way to detect that it's connected to the Moto X (this part seems easy) and then say to treat the internet connection as a mobile? Or if that fails to disable automatic app updates/music downloads?

Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Hey all, I'm theorizing that android auto doesn't work well when your phone is also connected to an android wear device as both my G and 5x show sluggish and unresponsive behavior when the two are used at the same time. I'm still running a test to see how AA runs without my watch turned on but so far it's holding up.

Suffice to say, I'd like to have the connection to my 360v1 turn off when connecting to my car's headunit through BT. I attempted to have the BT connection terminate when the connection is made using secure settings but a brief experiment showed that while other actions worked (wifi off, longer display timeout) the watch maintained a connection.

Does wear use a different method of connection or treated differently in some way? Even when I go to my BT settings or shows the 360 but connected is not displayed even though I know for certain it currently is.

Any advice is appreciated! I'm rooted if that offers any additional options.

• Locked thread