Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Error 404 NpH
Nov 26, 2000

jackyl posted:

[*]2.5 Horsepower 10" Industrial Tile/Brick Saw: Looks like the beefiest one they have, with 18" capability (12" diagonal).

This one is actually a very nice saw for the money. My brother picked one up and bought name brand blades for it for tile and bricks and it kicks rear end. We've done a kitchen, bath, and paver patio. The kitchen and bath were porcelean tiles too, the saw never bogged down just cut through it like butter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Error 404 NpH
Nov 26, 2000

If you put the pump in a bucket of water you'll overflow the pan. Unless youre just going to keep the tray dry and pump clean water till the bucket is empty, then dump the tray and start over with fresh water

Error 404 NpH
Nov 26, 2000

Werner 4' fiberglass step ladder

I had been meaning to get a small step ladder and when lowes had this one on sale for $20 on black friday I couldn't pass it up. At 4' its the perfect ladder for around the house, its light and easy to move around and you can easily reach an 8' ceiling. I painted the whole inside of my house off this thing, its so much easier to work with than a 6' which is often overkill.

Error 404 NpH
Nov 26, 2000

jackyl posted:

[*]1.5 Horsepower Bridge saw: Bridge style with 25" cutting length, which it appears applies to diagonal as well. I'm not sure about the pros and cons of a bridge model, though, and would appreciate any advice on that. It seems like a great option, except maybe for plunge style cuts?

I know you already bought the kobalt saw but just wanted to say I just bought this saw to do my bathroom. My brother has the 2.5hp tile/brick saw and its a nice saw but I needed something to do 25" cuts (18x18 on diagonal) so I picked up the bridge saw.

On sale for 230 - 20% off email coupon = 184+ tax. I paired it with a dewalt blade from lowes and the thing works great. It sliced through the travertine tile very nicely and left a perfect edge on all the tiles.

I also picked up this

1/2" Heavy Duty Low Speed Drill
http://www.harborfreight.com/1-2-half-inch-heavy-duty-spade-handle-drill-93632.html
On sale for $40 - 20% off coupon = $32!

The low speed/hight torque is perfect for mixing thinset. If you try to mix that stuff with a regular drill it will burn it out in no time. For $32 its well worth it.

Also I have to say the new blue/grey color scheme harbor freight is using looks 100% better than the old cheap safety orange they used to use.

Error 404 NpH
Nov 26, 2000

You could get a plug cutter to fill screw holes
http://www.amazon.com/CMT-529-095-31-Tenon-Cutter-8-Inch/dp/B000P4LL72/ref=sr_1_1?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1298597348&sr=1-1

Error 404 NpH
Nov 26, 2000

Bogatyr posted:

I have had this bag for a few years. It holds up, very well made. my problem with it, and it is my problem, is that it just cries "I CAN HOLD MORE TOOLS, PUT THEM IN!" and you have a 60+ pound bag.

I have the smaller LC version of this bag and agree that more pockets = more tools = too heavy. It doesn't help that the bag itself weighs like 6 lbs empty. Its a great bag and well worth it, you just have to watch what you put in it so you dont overload it.

Personally I throw mine on one of these whenever i can.

Magnacart folding hand truck, best $25 you'll spend.

Error 404 NpH
Nov 26, 2000

Ridgid's line from home depot is nice simply for the lifetime battery warranty, but their hammer drill itself is really heavy. Maybe theyve improved on that for the lithium line, but the nicad's drill (without battery) is like a lead brick.

I would look at Makita's 18v lithium line. Theirs are extremely light weight and powerful. Plus only 30min to charge the battery.

Error 404 NpH
Nov 26, 2000

If its really only the drill thats killing you then why not just get one of the Milwaukee m12 drills? They are more than enough for self tappers and everyday drilling. Hell, i'd say they work better than an impactor for self tappers since they dont burn up the tip of the screw.

If you're making a big hole just use your dewalt or plug in drill.

Error 404 NpH
Nov 26, 2000

Get one of these brushes for cutting in the trim
http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc...=1&ddkey=Search

The stubby rubber handle makes it really easy to hold and only cost $5.86.

Error 404 NpH
Nov 26, 2000

That set is horrible and a complete waste of $15. The adjustable may be ok, but the pliers are all junk. When you go to squeeze something hard with them the handle grips slip and dont provide much leverage at all.

Shell out the 39.96 and get a real set from channelock

Channellock Ultimate Pliers Set 4-Piece
http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-100190542/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

No adjustable wrench, but you can get a cheap one of those that'll make due.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Error 404 NpH
Nov 26, 2000

Josh Lyman posted:

I realize Harbor Freight != quality, but if the handles are an issue, maybe I should consider these for $10?

http://www.harborfreight.com/6-piece-pliers-set-38082.html

On a limited budget I'd definitely put those ahead of the husky set you posted. They aren't as good as the real things but they are at least useful for light jobs.

Also its the cordless tools from harbor freight that are junk, some of the corded ones are quite nice and well worth the price. I have an awesome tile bridge saw from there, works flawless. I bought a real blade for it instead of the harbor freight blade, and it cut through porcelain tile and travertine beautifully.