Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡
LEDs suck to work under compared to fluorescents or incandescents

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡
The cheapest reflector and bulb with a clamp on it, then clamp it to stuff + some halogen lamps. Lots of light for working at night.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Uncle Enzo posted:

At below-freezing temps the air will be bone-dry, air can hold basically zero moisture at those temps. As long as you keep the water off it the temperatures shouldn't bother it at all.

This is true but I'd worry about it being warm in the days then quickly cooling off at night leading to condensation then ice forming on stuff. How humid are days in Sweden? How big is the temp change?

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡
Thought this was the woodworking thread.

CarForumPoster fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Dec 14, 2014

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Hooray, this is my router's plug:

I have no idea how to go about rescuing this. Can I just buy a new plug of the appropriate gauge, cut the end off of the current one, solder the wires to the new plug, and put some heat-shrink on there?

I was planning to buy a new router anyway, but that was so I wouldn't have to keep switching this one between the router table and the plunge base. I don't want to have to buy two new routers.

This kind of thing is why I think having an integrated cable is dumb, especially for situations where the plug can easily get underfoot.

You want a 15-5 NEMA plug. Just cut the wires and attach, probably with screws. 5 minute job and cheap.

EDIT: $3, comes with an installation guide online and is local: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Leviton-15-Amp-125-Volt-3-Wire-Plug-Orange-R51-515PV-0OR/205165505

cakesmith handyman posted:

I need wipe strippers (household and automotive work) and a new centre punch, reasonably priced recommendations? Are auto centre punches any good?

Buy decent ones, theres absolutely nothing worse than lovely wire strippers. I like the Klein ones with the die sets. Do not use the all in one $1 garbage.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Whilst I appreciate the input I'm after a more specific recommendation, I'm replacing some all in 1 garbage. Do you have a link? I can't find what you describe on Klein tools website.

Whats your budget? The Ideal and Klein brand ones that are in the $200+ price range made for cutting a certain mil spec wire is what I used at a crimp tool company I worked at and I really liked those...but I have no need for them and make do with a self adjusting $30 wire cutter I hate because I don't strip wires that often.

I haven't used this specific one, but this is the general idea:
https://www.amazon.com/Klein-Tools-11063W-Katapult-Stripper/dp/B00BC39YFQ

Key features:
-A die set that is dedicated to a certain AWG and closes to cut 360° (unlike the self adjusting ones)
-A wire gripper that holds the sheath and pulls it without putting too much force on it

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Definitely closer to ¿30 than ¿200, what did come up when I searched was https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01N3CIMUU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fMBDzbC53Y9J1 which sounds like what you're describing but not klein.

E:I will and do use 3 of those 4 crimp types.

No this is the kind of stripper I am say NOT to get for stripping, it will be absolute poo poo. It doesn't close 360° around the wire, it just cuts notches in the sheath as well as cuts the wire itself usually. I linked the kinda I am talking about which are $27.

Those crimpers are find though as long as they gauge right when closed. You can use a gauge pin to check.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

spider wisdom posted:

Dear diary — this week I learned all about the breaker bar.

I'd been putting off changing the differential fluid in my car for a good while, and every turn I made growled as a painful reminder. This past weekend I decided enough was enough and Amazoned some stuff — nitrile gloves, safety specs, a pan, crush washers, the works. And I assumed my cheapo 3/8" socket wrench would be fine to get the plugs loose. How wrong I was.

For 45 minutes I struggled under my Element, trying to knock those 2 plugs loose. Nothing doing. I picked a rotten day to attempt it, too — extremely humid and almost a hundred degrees in the shade. I spat on the ground, reminded myself I'm only in this miserably hot state for another year, and tossed the baby wrench back in its cheap plastic snap-coffin. Off to youtube.

3 minutes later, I discovered the breaker bar. A long handle of steel with a pivoting square head. Made perfect sense, too. More torque = better chance of knocking a frozen plug loose, and less work in the end, too. I'd never overnighted anything to myself before, but I found a nice 11-incher and said what the hell. Sort of a unitasker, unfortunately; so it goes.

It arrived today and it's about a solid pound. Right away I knew those plugs were coming off immediately. And they did. Everything else was cake. Next on the list: a Milwaukee sawzall and discovering a place to stash all this poo poo in my apartment.

Now you need a cheater bar to combine with the breaker bar

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Dukket posted:

So, I was thinking I would like to add a router to my collection.

Around $200 (or less)

It'd be light duty DIY home project and stuff building. Current project is building a frame for glass and screen inserts over our transom. This could, I'm sure, be done with a little trim router, but I'm always a bit hesitant lightest duty tool.

Plunge seems like good feature to have...

I noticed a few companies make a multi base option.

Unhelpfulish reply:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0clzXWSaCw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JAMzARLiNw

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Platystemon posted:

Because you have an aluminum tank that isn’t going to corrode and you are paranoid about subjecting it to too many stress cycles, lest the metal fatigue and fail.

Have you seen an aluminum household air compressor tank? I never have and a glance at some of the California Air ones mentioned seem to have steel tanks.

I don't see a household air compressor tank getting reheat treated after welding either, why spend all the $$ to save a tiny bit on weight? Also the aluminum will corrode in the as welded condition unless it is chem film'd + painted or anodized.

EDIT: Looking around the site a bit more they do offer aluminum tanks.

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

If you haven't emptied yours do it even if you don't think there is water in it. Put a towel below first. Its not about ruining your air compressor, which it will do gradually over time, its about shooting rust through everything

This person speaks the truth. I didnt empty mine for ~2 years of every now and then use in a humid environment. Several ounces of rust colored water came out. It stained my garage. Bad times.

CarForumPoster fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Feb 21, 2018

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Also its extra fun for you since its compressed and sprays out!

If you get in a habit of emptying it every time you're using it if just for odd stuff around the house and once every few days on a job site it'll maintain its pressure forever. Also never buy lovely used air compressors at garage sales for the $50 they're always being sold for

I bought this Craftsman at a garage sale for like $80 in 2005 or so and it still runs. Incredibly loud and horribly heavy but works.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

sharkytm posted:

Air compressor chat: anyone got a recommended magnetic starter for a 5HP split phase compressor? My pressure switch is just about cooked from switching the 30A load. I want to do it right, but there's a lot of options ranging from cheap Chinese crap to SquareD's that are like $300.

Why not do a couple of solid state relays on the same pressure switch? Two that are each big enough for the big inductive current (when mounted to an aluminum heatsink) that are UL listed are probably only $25/ea.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

wesleywillis posted:

If you were to only use one type of drill bits forever and ever, would they be the titanium coated bitches, or Black oxide hoes?

This for general purpose poo poo, mostly metal (mild steel, sometimes al-you-min-ee-um) but also wood, and occasionally plastic.

Black oxide does nothing to enhance cutting or tool life. It is solely to slow corrosion down and its not great at it. Still my home tools are BO because its cheap and I chip the edges of my drill bits way before I get any abrasion protection from the TiN/TiX coatings. Also TiX coated bits generally aren't as sharp as uncoated bits, all else being equal.

CarForumPoster fucked around with this message at 14:10 on May 20, 2018

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

wesleywillis posted:

There is a machine shop near me thats going up for auction.
I've been bugging my boss for a lathe for a while. Probably won't get one, but just wondering, the following ones will be up on the block.
Are they good quality brands/models?
I get of course, that condition will determine whether they're a good buy or not if they are reputable brands.

Hardinge HLV-H tool room lathe, wide bed, 125-3000 RPM, inch threading, tailstock, steady rest, power feeds, KDK tool post, 5C collet closer

Hardinge DSM-59 lathe second operation, 9" swing over bed, 16" max between spindle nose and tooling plate, variable spindle speeds to 3000 RPM

Tos SN63B Lathe, 15" 3 jaw chuck, 3" bore, 10 to 1000 RPM,10 hp w/ 3 steady rests, 20" chuck 4 jaw, (2) 10" chucks, tooling etc.

Tos SN50C gap bed engine lathe, 22" swing over bed, 28" swing in the gap, 78" between centers, 2" spindle bore, 10" 4-jaw chuck

Tos SN50B Gap bed geared head engine lathe, 1.5" spindle bore, 10" 4-jaw chuck, 28" swing over gap, 22" swing over bed, 14" swing over carriage, 80" distance between centers, 22-2,000 RPM steady rests

Tos SN63B Gap Bed Lathe

Tos SN50C Gab Bed Lathe

Oh gently caress it, here's the listing in case you guys want to see some other poo poo:

http://www.danburyauctions.com/sharp-machine-co-ltd/

Hardinge is definitely a name brand lathe. Can't comment on Tos. What you guys need will probably inform what the best choice is.

E.g. do you have 3-phase power and room for a lathe?
What size?
How big of work do you need to hold?
What sort of requirements for the quality of parts do you have?

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

DreadLlama posted:

Some of my lithium batteries went swimming. They have not yet exploded. Are they likely to still be useable? Also, do any battery tool manufacturers meet the IP68 standard?

Shoot them with a nail gun.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

keep it down up there! posted:

I'm thinking about having a 220v line added to my garage workshop so I can upgrade my dust collector and table saw.

Would it be viable to run them both at the same time off the same circuit?
I'm looking at a 2HP DC and a 3HP Sawstop.

Never turn them on at the same time. The inrush current for electric motors is very high so make sure to turn one on, it gets up to speed (~0.5 seconds?), then the other.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

AFewBricksShy posted:

Is there some sort of a "hand powered" C&C machine? Basically something that I could stick a router bit on to and using wheels have it move around the piece very accurately? Or have the table move around a stationary bit?

In essence I want the C&C machine setup but I want to guide it by hand not plug it into a computer.

It’s CNC, computer numeric control.

Also yes two were linked above. I used a prototype of the shaper origin in 2014 and am a huge fan. Someone asked if they’ve sold any and yes they have, they seem to buy them in lots and I think they’ve done 2 lots now.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

TacoHavoc posted:

Is there a go-to thermal camera recommendation for a home gamer? I bought a house a while back and I'm realizing its going to be cold as gently caress this winter inside if I don't do some insulation work. The engineer in me wants to see before and after to understand how effective the stuff I'm doing is. Am I better off renting something or are one of the flir options that attach to my phone good enough for home use? Or is there a third option I'm not considering?

I have the FLIR one for iOS. Not a huge fan of the app, how it charges (can’t draw power from the device, requires battery charging, uses micro usb, drains down in the drawer). The camera itself works fine for what you want to do and is about the same as the seek.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Platystemon posted:

They’re for when you need more precision than a handheld drill allows (whether that’s perpendicular to the piece or at another specific angle) and also if you need more force than you can get with a handheld.

A good shop demo is to put a drill bit through a block of wood without turning the motor on, just cranking down on the feed lever.

They range from third horsepower (250 W) benchtop models to many‐tonne monsters.

In machining school I used a ~1.5-2" bore heavy duty manual drill press like this and there is something weirdly satisfying about it despite how stupid a use of floor space it is.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡
How about some CNC'd House Joinery:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7J9ksuhNEo/?igshid=1nkzg79folj87

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡
If you have red tools and need an extra battery + whatever tool youve been wanting, home depot seems to have some decent deals since Father's day is around the corner. https://www.homedepot.com/b/Special-Values-Promotions/Milwaukee/N-5yc1vZc3zwZzvZbwo51&experienceName=default

I got a M18 7-1/4 in. circular saw with TWO 6.0 Ah batteries, an extra charger and a bag for $299.

If I was just starting out and owned a home+fixed my car I'd def get this: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwauk...-10CX/304238212

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Jaded Burnout posted:

I shouldn't get a Shaper Origin, right? Excessive? I can already feel cakesmith's disapproval.

It would be a big toy purchase for sure.

You should get one so I can live vicariously through you. I used one in 2014 at maker Faire when it was 3D printed handles and a dewalt router (iirc) and was very impressed

CarForumPoster fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Jun 14, 2020

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Humbug posted:

I have an old "Handy Wyteface"

This is my wife’s sexy name for me

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

JEEVES420 posted:

I do love how this thread is lawnmowers in spring and snow blowers in fall like clockwork. Being in Texas I have no other way to tell the seasons :v:

:same:

I wish Milfuckee made an M18 lawn mower. I've got 23aH of M18 batteries and 3 chargers so I can basically have a full lawn team on continuous battery. Probably going to buy a used riding lawnmower

...should I convert a used riding lawnmower to Miwaukee battery? No, thats dumb right?

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

B-Nasty posted:

Probably not enough juice. Ryobi makes a 38" riding mower that uses a 75Ah lead-acid battery. They claim it's good for 2 hours, but we know that's probably optimistic.

Not sure how it's built, but I'd guess it has separate motors for blades and drive. If you converted a gas rider, those are all one engine driven by belts. Usually 15HP+, so you'd need a beefy electric motor.

Yea it’s a dumb idea I guess. I went down a whole path because I do have a 7.5HP single to three phase converter and no machine shop to use it in anymore but sadly no way to go 12V DC to 3ph 208V AC.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Jenkl posted:

Couple drill questions:

1. I'll be doing about 700 soft of drywall. Think this warrants a drywall screwgun vs. Dimple attachments?
2. Is a mud mixer/slow drill worthwhile for mixing the mud for such a project? I also suspect well be doing some tile for a small bathroom, possibly two.

Rental is an option as well.

I currently have a combo kit and an additional corded hammer drill. Trying to see where spending my money would be wise.

700sq ft ain’t very much drywall, that’s only 22ish full size boards. A regular drill/driver will be fine, maybe grab an extra battery.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

DreadLlama posted:

This question is about chucks. The ones on drills.

Let's say you've got one of these things:

https://www.amazon.ca/Milescraft-1318-DrillMate-Drill-Guide/dp/B014A1Z92I

The chuck says 1.5 - 10mm 3/8 - 24 UNF. And if I wanted to replace the chuck with a keyless one, the important thing I care about is getting one that is also 3/8 24unf, right? Is that the important bit of information? I don't know chucks. Will this chuck fit that drill guide? https://www.amazon.ca/HFS-Keyless-Drill-Drills-Thread/dp/B07G3TS6XR

Yea I'd say its a safe assumption that the thread on the back of the chuck is 3/8 - 24 UNF if it says that somewhere. That means 3/8 diameter, 24 threads per inch for the threads. Yes that other one will prob fit.

Why on earth would you want to replace a key'd check with a not key'd chuck, especially a POS like the one you linked?

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

DreadLlama posted:

Because I keep losing the key. If that keyless chuck sucks, what's a good one?

edit: Is this one better? https://www.amazon.ca/0-8-10mm-Chuck%EF%BC%8C3-Keyless-Professional-Electric/dp/B07TVDF5L4

I can’t tell you what the runout of a chuck is by appearance and the specs are probably lying. Can buy it and install it and put in a ground pin and take the readout of it.

Or you could tie the key to the machine

I’ve seen the same design of chuck have .001” TIR and .010”TIR

The former is decent the latter is trash.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

FogHelmut posted:

I'm in the market for a more powerful leaf blower. I've got the small Black and Decker 20V Max Lithium Sweeper which is okay, but seems to take a long time to get anything large done.

I currently also have batteries for Milwaukee 18v and Kobalt 80v.

Kobalt 80v Brushless
- $144 ($199 with 2.5 ah battery)
- 630 CFM at 140 MPH
- 75 minutes of runtime on a fully charged 2.5 Ah battery, I have 2.0 ah so probably less
- 8.9 lbs (battery an extra 3 ish lbs, 12 ish lbs total)

M18 FUEL 18-Volt Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless Handheld Blower
- $159
- 450 CFM at 120 mph
- 30 minutes runtime 5ah battery
- 4.9 lbs (battery an extra 1.5 lbs, 6.4lbs total)

Runtime isn't a major concern. Is that extra airflow in the Kobalt worth almost double the weight? The Black and Decker I have does 100 cfm at 120 mph. The speed seems adequate but I don't know how much more that's important vs airflow.

But that deal with the extra battery on the Kobalt is a deal.

I have not tried the one you're describing but I, unfortunately do have the tiny lil $80 when on sale/refurb Milfukee M18 leaf blower. When they call it a leaf blower they mean literally one leaf. I have been extremely happy with aall my M18 tools which include drill, driver, pole saw, string trimmer, circular saw, couple lights, etc. Not a single one hasn't become my "go to" for solving problems.

The leafblower is the exception but again I bought the lil dinky thing because it was like $69 or something v cheap.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

KKKLIP ART posted:

If I want to start to invest in a power tool line (prefereabilly cordless, battery operated), which direction do I go? I don't mind getting one here and there. I have a Ryobi One drill and orbital sander, but the battery life is horrible, and I got a free extra battery that was a dud that Ryobi didn't want to swap out even though it came as a bundle, and another gifted that also was a dud. Is Dewalt a better brand? Milwaukee? Dewalt seems to have their flexvolt stuff, but some reviews say don't mix and match even though I was under the assumption using their "60V" battery with a 20v tool would just give improved run time.

What do you want to do with them. I love my Milwaukee m18 stuff (drill, driver, circ saw, 2 lights, quiklok trimmer and pole saw) but I’m a little disappointed they don’t have a lawnmower since I have so many batteries now.

Also a couple hours on the string trimmer in thick vines and dirt will start it hitting thermal limits but it cools fast and the easy to wind head is pretty amazing. I’ve been super productive with it as string trimmers go.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡
TLDR: Anyone used a chipper/shredder that can deal with stringy stuff well?

Why:
I want to shred a lot of philodendron (pictured) and monstera and which are both stringy AND a skin irritant. Also palm fronds, grasses, and climbing/vining weeds. I want to chip them so I can hot compost them all. This is an ongoing thing on my property and my moms. The only chipper I've tried, the harbor freight electric POS, wraps these around the shaft very quickly and tends to kick them back.

Gas is likely the better solution as my mom's property would require hauling them cuttings to the shredder rather than the two of us chipping as we shred.

CarForumPoster fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jul 25, 2021

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡
Thanks! Mulching with the mower it is.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Hexigrammus posted:

My thought exactly. They've DRM'd my car, my tractor, and now my drill?

gently caress it, I don't want to play anymore.

Mr. Mambold posted:

I'm hearing this in a Toby Keith voice. Run with it.

Ahh gently caress I hear it too

Thats my drill and thats my car
They wont start without a charge
Theres a bill for a service fee,
10 bucks a month to chainsaw trees

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

~Coxy posted:

Does anyone have one of those hanging lanterns that run off a drill battery and use a 9W compact fluoro tube?
I was considering getting one or two for camping but am not sure whether they are worth anything compared to a cheap chinese LED.

If you happen to use M18 batteries already, I absolutely love these things:

This one also has a USB outlet and can direct the beam to project 180-360°.

I'm not sure of the USB current rating but it charges the phone decently fast.

This one is also good, but I use it less often than the lantern. That said, when I want to work under a car its ratcheting head is really really good for that.

I think combined they were less than $100. I tend to buy M18 refurbished whenever eBay has 10-25% off refurb deals. Has done well for me so far.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

NomNomNom posted:

We talking the 18v or the 40v? I have to imagine the the 18v is wimpy for all but the smallest lawns. I have the cheapest 40v mower, trimmer, blower, and chainsaw and they've all done me well.

Danhenge posted:

Mine will choke a little bit if I let the lawn get really long or near the end of the battery charge, but it does OK on a relatively small lawn. It's also not hard to restart, since you just press a button, not rev an engine like a gas mower.

I have this 40V one and it is terrible for what I needed. That said, I have thick weedy grass and a lot of trees on a fairly big lawn. It takes 3 complete battery charges of the included battery to mow roughly 0.25 acres. Out of the box it would intermittently start/stop because of an improperly tightened pushing handle, though once I tightened it its been fine. It absolutely sucks to push on a hot summer day, and compared to my M18 batteries, the charging is slow as gently caress. The ejection chute loves to get jammed, the bagging never gets more than half full before its not cutting as well due to getting loaded up. It also doesnt mulch down weeds and small sticks well.

I ended up getting a used ride on and it was the right choice. If you have a small lawn that is just grass and concrete, it could be fine for that.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

FISHMANPET posted:

there are like 8 HFs I could reasonably go to

Oh poo poo you must live in cheap gently caress heaven. How do I get there? Does it involve bondo? I’ll do it.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

pseudorandom posted:

I have almost no need for a miter saw, but I don't have one, so obviously I want to get one. This is tempting.

This Harbor Freight one is less than half the price.

I used it for installing flooring and cutting 1/4 round when I first moved in and now have used it for small projects for the past 2 years. It takes really consistent cuts. I was constantly switching from between 0, +45° and -45° which it does super fast. The stops/side supports can be a little annoying to pull out at times but other than that its been a great saw.

CarForumPoster fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Sep 13, 2021

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Elem7 posted:

You may want to double-check what $30 gets you nowadays. At least where I'm at sheet goods are still hideously expensive right now even if framing lumber has come way down in price. 1/2''(12mm~) not knotty gap-filled crap plywood is still $80 a sheet.

3/4" (23/32 Sanded pine) ply was $50/sheet last week at Lowes in New Mexico.

I just checked nearby and its $42.38 here. Still maybe 30-40% higher than pre COVID

CarForumPoster fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Sep 16, 2021

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡
Anyone used this Ryobi power washer? I've always been unhappy with the $100 electric washer deelies. I have some VERY nasty grout + a dock that needs cleaning now and then.

For grout I'm thinking of pretreating then using this and coming behind with my shop vac. Anyone had good success with narsty grout? Brush on a drill aint enough and is way too slow for how much tile I have.

Ryobi Corded 1900PSI Pressure Washer
+
12" Cleaning Head

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

CarForumPoster posted:

Anyone used this Ryobi power washer? I've always been unhappy with the $100 electric washer deelies. I have some VERY nasty grout + a dock that needs cleaning now and then.

For grout I'm thinking of pretreating then using this and coming behind with my shop vac. Anyone had good success with narsty grout? Brush on a drill aint enough and is way too slow for how much tile I have.

Ryobi Corded 1900PSI Pressure Washer
+
12" Cleaning Head

Bought this + an adapter for my shop vac (and a wet filter) which I intend to epoxy into the surface cleaner to reduce the amount of grime/water on the floor to mop up later. I'll post if its as awesome as I'm hoping.

CarForumPoster fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Oct 9, 2021