Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grover
Jan 23, 2002

PEW PEW PEW
:circlefap::circlefap::circlefap:

Squibbles posted:

If you are handy with a soldering iron I think it's not too hard to do yourself? A friend of mine had a nicad pack that was all run down. He popped it open and it was just made up of a bunch of smaller cells soldered together. He went to a local battery specialty place and they sold him NiMH batteries of the same size and he was able to put it together himself. They would have done it for him I think without charging too much.
I did this once with an old drill; was a pain in the rear end to solder without cooking the batteries, but worked well enough and lasted longer than the original battery did. It really wasn't all that much cheaper buying individual NiMH w/solder tabs vice having it professionally rebuild; I'd probably just send it off if I did it again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU