Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

artificialj
Aug 17, 2004

You're the gourmet around here, Eddie.

Roneth posted:

Also, giving Harbor Freight stuff bad reviews...is uh...kinda redundant. All of their stuff is cheap for a reason.

Bought a 3 lb. cross peen hammer there the other day. Was drawing out some steel, and on the 6th hit on the anvil the epoxy holding the head to the handle broke. I mean, I know all I need is to actually put a wedge in there, but why the hell wouldn't it already have one? Who just glues a hammer head on a handle with cheap glue?

On the up side, the hammer was only like $5...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

artificialj
Aug 17, 2004

You're the gourmet around here, Eddie.

Slung Blade posted:

The exact same thing happened to me, except the hammer was from House of Tools (a theoretically reputable dealer) and it cost me 20 bucks. The handle was only half inserted into the hafting hole and there was a 3/4" plug of epoxy on top.

I made it better though.

Also why don't you post in the blacksmith thread dammit?

Yeah, I wish the HF hammer had 3/4 inches of epoxy on top - it was just a paper thin coating with black spray paint on it.

Also, just found the blacksmithing thread last week. Reading through it, only have like 5 pages left to read before I hit the end (I have a compulsive need to read an entire thread before posting in it.) I promise I'll be posting in there soon.