Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Miscreant
Jan 13, 2005
Racing office chairs since 1998
If you have an outlet close by there is no reason to get the cordless IMO. I have both and the only time I use the cordless is when I can't run an extension cord. In my experience the corded is more consistent and powerful (plus you don't have to monkey around with batteries not being charged). If I did get a new cordless though I'd go with a Hilti (especially if it's on your employers dime).

Agree on the "Axe" Milwaukee blades, they are awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miscreant
Jan 13, 2005
Racing office chairs since 1998

BrokenKnucklez posted:

What are peoples opinion on Hitatchi Power tools, there is a sale going on at a local hardware store for a impact driver/ 1/2 drill combo for 150.

http://www.google.com/products/cata...ved=0CEYQ8wIwAQ

This is what the combo is.

I bought this set and had to return it because the clutch on the drill driver was useless. It was either wide open or stupid loose with no adjustability at all. Having said that if you don't care at all about the clutch on the driver it's hard to beat that price.

I spent the extra to get a similar 14V hilti set and never regretted it, drove 250 or so 3" screws into treated lumber on a single set of charges with the impact yesterday and will do about that again tonight.