Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
I need a tool to install grommets onto a large sheet of fabric. The material isn't super thick or anything either.

Is there a recommended style and/or brand of grommet punches/dies that I should look at?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Any recommendations for a precision screw gun? I need something with low torque so I'm not reefing everything down too hard.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Elem7 posted:

I have basically the exact same situation and bought a 28'' extension ladder I barely use because I refuse to without at my wife manning the bottom.

drat you live at Stone Henge?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

I'm gonna need an infographic that lays out all the grease types available and their tacit applications.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

The Top G posted:

Yeah I was a tool snob and anti-HF for the longest until like 6 months ago when I grabbed a toolbox on close out for like $200 and was like “this is pretty nice, what else have I been missing out on?”. Like Motronic pointed out, their Icon stuff is legit nice. And the easy lifetime warranty is just the icing on the cake.

I work as a contractor and grabbed some hand tools, figuring I’d beat on them and swap them out when they inevitably break, but they have been holding up great. Standouts have been the Channellock knock offs and the duckbill pliers.

And just for curiosities sake i bought their 3/8 split beam torque wrench to compare it to the Tekton. Aside from the ratcheting head, they look, feel, and work identically. I’m quite certain they are coming out of the same factory:

(Icon has a slimmer head with higher tooth count, for $20 less)

Excuse the HF fanboy post :blush: just happy to see some more quality tool options available for us

I'd be interested to compare the actual torque thresholds between the two, though. I guess you would need a measurement standard for that, but something tells me that is where your delta lies.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

100% the first thing I thought of too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

trilobite terror posted:

should I get a used Shopsmith? A popular woodworking channel recommended buying a used MkV Shopsmith

Yes absolutely you should

I just saw one the other day and i was transfixed. so many attachments!